Friday, September 09, 2005

Knitting Away



Tomorrow it's Saturday and we're off to visit a long time friend of ours. J and I studied law at Stockholm uni together and it was through her I met M years ago. But after the studies work took her to other cities while I stayed on in Stockholm and we drifted apart for different reasons. She got a daughter a couple of years ago, but I actually didn't meet that little darling until last weekend...

Anyway, I've been knitting a lot this past year, it's quite therapeutical, soothing and lovely to combine different yarn, materials, colours and models to create a personal style! I mostly make shawls in mohair and wool, but also some hats, handbags, hairclips and brooches. I used to knit cardigans and sweaters, but I seldom find them good enough or the way I want them... But the shawls I'm quite satisfied with and I use them a lot myself, give them away as presents and sell them too.

And now I've knitted this cute little thing for my friend J's daughter which I hope will fit perfectly! It would be lovely with a sort of mother-daughter thing with shawls, don't you think? As you can see, my little cat-boy (British Shorthair) Pelle Svensson also finds the shawls very appealing...

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh wow - they're absolutely gorgeous! I love the shawls! What are those things on the edges? So pretty!! :)

Pia K said...

The things I've chrocheted on the edges of the shawls are some lovely colourful yarn I just found the other week. I usually brim the more colourful shawls with a white, grey or light brown wool yarn looking like fur (!), but now and then I fell like trying something new and colourful:-)

I do make them to order too, in nearly whatever colour you want:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...