Friday, October 21, 2005

Saying goodbye is hard to do



Yesterday I took two of my little darlings (cats) to their, hopefully, new home. It certainly was with mixed feelings I did that journey... I never planned to keep them, they are cousins from my two latest litters and I haven't found any suitable new homes for them, until now. And now they are 1,5 and 1 years old. Kittens usually leave home when they are at least 12 weeks old...

Especially one of them (daughter of my big, red sire and looking just like a miniature of her dad) had found her place in our gang of four- and two-legged creatures. She's such a cool cat, with lots of style and personality. She's also a great friend of my dog (as seen on a photo below). Her cousin, who also moved now, is a more quiet and if not shy at least a bit wait and seeish kind of cat. But really sweet, and those two are great friends so I thought it was a good move if they got a new home together. I do have plenty of cats to take care of and these two I hadn't planned to keep as breeding queens or anything, but still having lived with them for over a year it's a bit sad to see them go...

Ah well, I know they'll have a good new home were they are now, and I do hope everything will turn out as their owners-to-be (after having these darlings as a test for the next two weeks to come) plan for.

In the pictures above you can see little blacktortie Qlara Quarter in the ever popular kitten basket with her black brother Quirk Quiech. And in the other picture a 3 weeks old Prunella Penshurst, even then she was stylish....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...