Saturday, September 02, 2006

Talk to the hand(bag)

Sometimes a live discussion face to face, or perhaps even more so when it's a written one, just makes me want to say "talk to the hand(bag)" because the reactions and answers are so unbelievably stupid and ignorant it's difficult to realize it's a grown up who has uttered those words...

Maybe that's one (subconcious) of the reasons I give names to and talk to my handbags, because they often answer back in much more clever and intelligent ways than people?

They don't take up a lot of space, never waste my time or disappoint me, can be filled with everything a girl needs, look their best everyday, are the envy of every handbag-crazista in town, always agree with me and follow me everywhere. The only thing I can think of they don't fill my need of - well, I can think of something else, but hey, now we are talking about house-broken matters - is cuddling with something soft and furry. But for that I have fourlegged creatures in different shapes and sizes hanging around at home.

Now to a totally different topic, the day that have passed. Woke up with an aching tummy, again, and cancelled the meeting with the potters. Turned out one of them had already cancelled too, so yes I did feel bad for the girl who was left to spend the day in Stockholm on her own... After having dozed off for some hours I woke up to find the mail with the bill for water/sewer being cut down to zero! Since I had apparently been paying to much for water/sewer this past year, it'll be cut down the next period too.

In the afternoon I got around to order some really lovely handmade earrings from a jewellerymaker in the States who makes these amazing, personal and inspirational pieces, I'm so looking forward to recieving them in some weeks!

Later I somehow got all the right answers in an Internet film quiz (10 questions) in no time at all and won a DVD of my own choice. So now I'm trying to figure out if I want an old goodie or a new one I haven't seen as yet...

Tomorrow - or, oops, today it is when I look at the watch... - we'll get in the cab (the little BMW Z3 which looks like a true toy-car and is quite lovely to drive around in, as long as you don't feel the need of an elegant and ladylike exit from it...) - for perhaps the last time this season. Head up to a part of Sweden called Bergslagen. There we'll pick up some orders of gorgeous, handmade aromacandles and soaps. Of which I'll hopefully sell some at the handicraft-fair in about a month at the Fiholm Castle - read more about it here: http://www.fiholm.se/evenemang/index.cfm

Please feel free to stop by if you're passing, there'll be lots of different handicrafts on display plus special food-items. Apart from the candles and soaps, I'll of course be showing and selling my one-off-pieces of jewellery and mohair shawls. Those shawls you just can't be without this Autumn/Winter season. Or if you have such bad judgement that think you can - talk to the hand(bag)!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...