Thursday, October 19, 2006

The age of innocence

Yes it was fun to see my old friend - we met at uni when we studied for our law degrees back in the stoneages or something like that, but her moving away to different new towns in Sweden, growing apart etc tended to stretch that contact into something rather sporadic... - yesterday.

But I was so tired when I got home, I hadn't had much sleep the night before, we had a long walk plus her babies (one nearly a year, the other 3,5 years) needing attention pretty much all the time. And I who just wanted to talk to and socialize with my friend...

Anyway, I can safely say I don't hear anything of that biological clock ticking even remotely near me! It has never done and I suppose it never will. Fine by me, there are so many things to do in life anyway! So many things and so little time, especially when one really has to enjoy the here and now too.

Taking care of myself and the furry family for example, travel, spending money and time on myself, friends, family and charitable purposes, the list is endless... From a science kind of breeding view I can see the point of interest in carrying on "the lines" - but why not carry on some nice opinions, views and try and make this world a better place instead?

On the train - with my Coffee Cup grande latte and seeing the world rushing by outside the window - I read an article about the situation in Cambodia. About the horrible way children are for sale to things I don't really want to think about, by mothers infected by HIV. So yes, I really think there are better ways to deal with life and children than to promt have some of your biological offspring. There's a WORLD out there with children in need!

Children already born, by mothers and fathers and families who for some reason can't take care of them. Children who in the grand scheme of things perhaps are meant to make a difference - if they get a chance for a better life, a good life, a life they deserve.

And it’s a world that probably, honestly, doesn’t need anymore inhabitants at the moment. Not until we have fixed the things that really, really need to be fixed with what's wrong with that world... That beautiful, grand world so wrongly handled by so many people. Some of them, lots of them, too many of them, who's breeding-lines would be better of eradicated...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...