Sunday, March 25, 2007

Food summary during kitten watch

This is now the time for kitten watch to commence - in the back of my head I do know that I might be some days off when counting down to 66 days, since they had their rendez-vous over some days, but still, better safe than sorry. So far no actual sign that the whole process has begun, apart from the fact that I think Greta's belly has "dropped" a bit.

Greta

She has had her kitten-box (a k a one of the large transportation-boxes, that I stupidly didn't realise was perfect for these occasions until a couple of litters back) ready for a week now, and likes to snuggle up in it, seems calm and content. This is suppose to be her last litter, her fifth one. Unfortunately her latest one ended in a Caesarian only due to the fact that the very last kitten got totally stuck half way out and there was absolutely no way for anyone to wriggle it out. So my poor, good girl had to have it removed my Caesarian... And with one C it's unfortunately more than common that there'll be another...

But I do want to keep fingers crossed everything goes well and fine, she's been such a good girl during her other births... And now I just bide my time until my role as a kitten-midwife begins.

And biding that time I might as well keep my fingers sort of crossed in the way of writing (no that's not strained at all) - and sum up this past week as a foodie; one day I survived on left-overs, one day my tummy acted up (again...) and I didn't have much to eat at all, one day it was

070320 013
Creamy pasta (made of leftovers from that fresh lasagne a few days earlier) with halloumi, mushrooms & paprika

Really tasty, quick and simple to make and it'll definately be made again!

060817 008
One day I had a big lunch with veggie portobello burger at Texas Burger, then it was just tea sandwiches at home.

On Friday I had hoped for one of my favourite dishes, quorn-banana casserole. But it turned out that all the quorn-packages in Pia's freezer was with minced quorn and not the bits... So I then tried out a new kind of spicy minced quorn sauce with spaghetti. It looked really boring and I didn't find it very appealing to eat either, hence no picture.

As for Saturday dinner, I was inspired by a pie-recipe from Arla, but I changed it to a veggie pie with some "secret" ingredients. Carrots, leek and cheese was some of the ingredients in this

070324 006
Sunny pie, which turned out really well!

And then the dessert for the week was sort of inspired by the worldfamous Swedish dessert Gino (invented at the restaurant PA& Co).

070324 004
I made it with bananas, raspberries, sprinkled some gingerbread-crusts on top, cinnamon and cardamom, grated with both white and darkest chocolate. Served with whipped cream, in which one can mix a liqueur of choice (I opted for Azorian Mulher de Capote pineapple liqueur). Quite tasty, simple and fresh.

This was my week as a foodie. I'm guessing the upcoming week won't be as exciting foodwise...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...