Friday, July 13, 2007

Bookworming away

Time to divulge what was in the book package I happily recieved the other day - I do have a few books I'm going to review, but that'll come later. And I've promised myself I just have to finish two more books this weekend, so I can have the delicious pleasure of choosing at least one new book to begin reading...

And now I have eight new books to add to that heap to choose from, well seven really, since one was a Danish - Swedish- Danish dictionary. The book The Coffee Trader I'm reading in Danish and it's sort of comforting to have a dictionary to fall back on when the meaning of words just can't be figured out...

The other seven were a mixed bunch of very exciting pieces of literature, each in their very own way.

* The End of Poverty, by Jeffrey D. Sachs *thanks so much for that tip, heidikins*
* 44 Scotland Street, by Alexander McCall Smith - while I anxiously await the third book in the wonderful Sunday Philosophy Club-series I might as well continue with another of his serial books...
* Oranges are not the only fruit, by Jeanette Winterson
* Pappersväggar/Paperwalls, by John Ajvide Lindqvist - a more subtle Swedish version of Stephen King
* Glennkill - Ein Schafskrimi, by Leoni Swann - sheep are solving a murder mystery in Scotland!
* Je l'aimais/I loved him, by Anna Gavalda
* Man's Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl *thanks again to the same heidikins for giving me a hint in the direction of this book*

And after finishing this bunch of books *so excited just thinking about digging in, which one to choose first, or perhaps two, or...* I'm certain I've come a bit further on the path of...
070713 013

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...