Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mains & Afters

Um, being a bit pensive as where to begin writing, perhaps something from the very recent short trip to Dalarna, or to continue with another entry on South Africa, or some tips on shorter trips in and around Stockholm, or just random thoughts, not to mention WCB, or book reviews, recent seen movies...

I'll just share pictures of some food I've tried making recently - with varied results. If that had something to do with undersigned being a somewhat haphazard cook or the recipes themselves I let be unsaid...

Every dish, except the potatoes salad which derives from a recipe in Nigella's Forever Summer, comes from my very favourite cookbook "Vegetariskt" *of course*. Slight variations here and there, since I'm a bit particular about seasoning and spices, and prefer certain veggies before others... And the reason for the frequent tequila-use in my cooking as lately, the recipes call for optional white wine, I used what I had in my pantry instead...
070717 034
Veggie pasta with creamy saffron sauce and tequila - turned out really well and nicely different, will definitely do again
070718 002
Salsifies in creamy sauce with tequila, grilled sweet potatoes, mushrooms and sweet chili roasted hazelnuts - the salsifies were a bit of too much work for the end result, but the rest was delicious and so easy to make, a keeper!
070721 174
Grilled asparagus with feta cheese and pinenuts, drizzled with raspberry balsamic vinegar - I do like asparagus a lot, but I didn't think it worked well like this. Will probably switch for another veggie next time...
070721 179
This baked potatoes salad with red onions was absolutely delicious, yum!
070711 002
I don't like using tins in shapes of animals, when slicing those cakes I get a bit, more than a bit really, uneasy. I have no idea why I use them from time to time, must get rid of them. If it hadn't been for that weird teddybear shape of this sunflower seed & cardamom cake, I would probably have enjoyed it more. The guests thoroughly enjoyed the flavours and texture of it at least...
070711 011
Absolutely zesty lemon cake - and so simple to make - a keeper indeed!
070713 006
Scrumptious Tosca-pie - another keeper for special occasions!

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

The lemon cake looks irresistible. I was planning on surfing the net for a while before breakfast but after looking through your photos I decided to change priorities. Breakfast, here I come! :)

Pia K said...

Thanks. Probably a good choice on priorities there:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...