Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sisyphean Challenges

There are two wearables I really hate shopping for, one is an absolute necessity, the other you can live without - although I bet there are many who don't agree to that. Namely bras and jeans.

The problems with searching and trying on are pretty similar with them both. Too big, too small, wrong colour, wrong model, hefty prices, horrible fitting rooms with brisk clerks cheering on - and in the case of bras, not many of them withstand the dreaded jump-test... Regardless of price I might add.

And when you've found a favourite bra, or jeans for that matter, the model for some reason evaporates after a while. Never to be seen again. And the whole search for the ultimate bra or the ultimate jeans begins again. Really very tiresome Sisyphean tasks indeed. A bit like cleaning out the litter boxes, washing up and doing the laundry - but in the jeans-bra-case you have to do it in public and pay money for it.

Today I found a piece of b that *blimey* pulled through the intricate jump-test. I'm not all that happy with the looks of the b-thing, but at least it makes the clothes on top looking good. Unfortunately they're on the hefty side of the price range, but the jump-test is so very important and with so few contestants living up to it, one perhaps ought to stock up a few of them...
070724 019
Another thing that really brightens any day, perhaps not meant to be a cherry on the sundae in public, but still, a pink raspberry in the shower isn't too bad either. Let me present my new important investment - it didn't take me too long to make up my mind... - the shower cap extraordinaire! Alas no cat-design, but in my world a bright pink raspberry thing is a great substitute any day.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Shoes and jeans are my shopping hates. Love shoes but have ugly toes and am already very tall so heels are a no-no. Very frustrating!

Pia K said...

But I find that being even taller (I'm 1.79) with high heels on is really neat, to be able to see even more from above:) Though I generally think high heels are really uncomfy and they don't leave much room for fast and efficent walking... But they're pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...