Friday, December 14, 2007

Random Rantings From a Procrastinating Cackleklatch Host

Today's post is simply going to be a bit of random rantings-like, since I have a whole lot of things that ought to be prepared for this weekend of kittens-moving-out. At least three and a half of them - the half being the one moving next week - and that involves being the perfect cackleklatch (isn't that a lovely word?) hostess, lots of papers and stuff of all kinds to be done, not to mention an impressive amount of logistics.

This is just something very tangible and completely different to the much hyped - and somehow a bit highly-strung Swedish...? - Christmas rush and stress. As far as I'm concerned complaining about all the musts around Christmas and December is just self-imposed martyrhood. As grown ups in a free society we all have a choice... And if we don't feel like living up to some *expectations* and *demands* of this kind, of course we have the free will not to.

I suspect though, that many of the people complaining about how busy they are and all the musts of this time of the year are just desperate for being needed and appreciated. And the realization, which they obviously shy from, that things can actually be done differently, and managed in another way, well that challenges their whole way of living and life, in a way. So live dangerously, challenge and change these kind of *musts*. Not all, far from, traditions are best kept the way they are.

Having gotten that off my chest, I think winter and December in particular, in general is a beautiful part of the year (when we can enjoy a bit of sun in daytime and pretty please, lots of snow!). The lights, the candles, the snug staying inside with tea curled up under a blanket watching a good movie, long walks and afterwards enjoying hot cocoa - the best one is of course the one at Chokladfabriken / The Chocolate Factory, alas without Wonka - the cosy clothes, layers of them, indulging in knitting, the semi-hibernated feeling of relaxation and sweet no-claim being. Sometimes in the company of friends and family, others in company with the one closest to you, yourself. Life's what you make it.

Now I suppose I should, must give myself up to all that boring cleaning and preparing issues for the weekend - but before I do (anything to postpone...) I just have to share my excitement over the fact that finally my new camera Big Brother has arrived, now I just have to discipline myself and read through the instruction manual, the boring but somewhat crucial part, before I can get out there trying to capture new and even more amazing moments than before. Pins and needles! But of course my faithful friend camera Little Brother will still be coming with me all the time - he is kind of indispensible and has an appealing petite size to him. Size does matter.

And to round off, and procrastinate some more, I want to say a special thanks to sweet Poppy Q, who's a Kiwi thus her realm is found on the other side of the world in New Zealand, since she has introduced me and all my furry ones as her Friday Friend - as if my little part of the blogosphere wasn't enough, I'm honoured indeed!

071208 023

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...