Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cordials of Summer

IMG_2463

We've been having a rather drastic change of weather this last week, a much needed - both for nature and beings - very less than heatwave. Personally I could do with a bit more warmth as well as sun during daytime. I'm not unreasonable, just a few degrees and some more rays, and it would be just perfect.

However I'm very happy and pleased about the instant reaction in and gratitude from nature, plants and many animals. Everything is just so lush, green, colourful, beautiful, vigorous once again. And even if it could be a dash more beamy, a pinch warmer, this is the season to enjoy home-made cordials in lush gardens (just remember to wear warm enough clothes). Life can't be too bad, then, can it?

IMG_2493

4 comments:

stromsjo said...

No. Please. Not a pinch warmer! ;)

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

What did you make the cordials from, Pia?

Pia K said...

Well, then I think we'll ask for two pinches warmer, Per:)

Admittedly I didn't make these cordials myself, aforkful, but perhaps I should try making my own... My mother and other relatives always did in the summer when I was a kid, not that I appreciated that as much then as I would do now though... The cordial in the pic was made from strawberry and rhubarb and tasted lovely and summery!

John D. said...

Beautiful, DELICIOUS, Pialand. : ))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...