Wednesday, January 12, 2011

stockholm discovery of the day ~ brunkebergstunneln

brunkebergstunneln

Being an arrant Stockholmer I take proud in reasonably well knowing my way around this city. Now and then though, I'm completely dumbstruck over the places I had absolutely no idea existed. And even more so when these places apparently been around for a 100 plus years.

Today was such a day of discovery. Apparently there's a pedestrian tunnel passage way through the Brunkebergsåsen esker, Brunkebergstunneln. The fact that it begins/ends on Tunnelgatan - Tunnel street, the street known for being the place where prime minister Olof Palme was murdered in 1986. Murder still remains inconceivably unsolved... - should of course have been an obvious giveaway... Still I've passed there innumerous times over the years not seeing, not knowing.

dagens upptäckt: brunkebergstunneln

Now I've been enlightened. Now I know. Now I've walked through it. Very convenient (and rather shabby. Would definitely not walk there alone on awkward hours). Inaugurated in 1886. Discovered by me in 2011.

2 comments:

Kea said...

How wonderful to make such a discovery, and after so many years!

I know there are many areas in my region with which I am unfamiliar, but alas, no tunnels!

pärlbesatt said...

Men vad märkligt, där gick ju jag igår! Inte första gången visserligen, men första gången på länge. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...