Sunday, July 03, 2011

stitch markers

036

Stitch markers aren't big in Sweden. In fact I don't think I've ever seen any in yarn-shops here. I have always used odd pieces of yarn or safety pins as markers in my knittings. It has worked perfectly well. I didn't even know that a stitch marker was an actual marker made for that purpose before I saw some on Etsy some years ago. They are, granted, tad cuter to look at than the odd piece of yarn string.

045

I treated myself to three sets a while back. Thinking they will be nice to have when Autumn and knitting commence again. I think it was the fact that there was a set with teeny tiny carrots that tipped me over the should I buy or not line.

056

Carrots, rainbow cookies and pigs. Surely knitting will even more fun and satisfying now? Do you use stich markers similar to these? Do you find them handy?

043

I got these well-made cuties from the shop Beadpassion on Etsy

3 comments:

pärlbesatt said...

MEN vad söta!! :) Jo, det säljs på garnaffärer, som Marias garn, som inte heter så längre, på Sankt Paulsgatan, t ex. Men dina var finare!

Elephant's Child said...

Super cute. I might even take up knitting so I can use them.

Felis said...

I can't find stitch markers in shops in my country too. So, I use small parts from colored juice straw or paper clip. This with the pigs are very cute, but I like all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...