Monday, August 08, 2011

august monday musing

038

Things will be alright. Because they just have to. On Wednesday begins a new phase in my life, it sounds exciting (even if unpaid for now), I hope it will be.

I am however more than slightly irritated that I have apparently been deemed to not being capable of making my own well-informed grown-up, educated decisions within the snare of the Swedish askew labour market system - the administrator woman who I now feel have done me more disservice than good by being rather... too much, with overstepping boundaries and commenting on things that really aren't any of her business, has decided she'll come with me on Wednesday to sign all the papers. Something which could just as easily have been done via email. Jeez. We've worked together, too close in hindsight, for over six months, I wish to move on and would really rather not have unnecessary contact. One day in the future, when I've moved on properly, I might not feel like this, but I do now.

As I am rather concerned about her making a bobble on Wednesday morning, I feel I have to let the company know she is... special in her ways. As ridiculous as this may sound, I just do not want anything stupid to jeopardize this new and hopefully good path in my life...

For now I am going to have a long night's sleep, I hope I'm able to anyway. And on Wednesday I will be inspired by Pippi picaroon; stand tall and proud on a mountain of yarn spying towards the new, exciting and colourful future with the tying of lose ends. Or something along that way.

And now, to dream innocent dreams of little colourful bobbaloo butts, because they always make me happy, happy. Happy.

056

6 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

In Canadian culture, "special," can be a slang term for being mentally challenged. ;-)

We have our paws and fingers crossed for you, and hope all goes well!

Elephant's Child said...

Sending lots of good wishes your way for Wednesday.
And who could not be cheered by seeing or thinking of bobbaloo butts.

Unknown said...

Give it your all. We receive according to how much we give. What you give will come back to you. Good luck on Wednesday!

DahnStarr said...

I don't understand, why does your current administrator feel that she has to go with you to your new (unpaid) job? Does she have to have that much control of your life!?! When you leave a place of employment here (U.S.A.) you deal with your final paperwork, if any, and your done. We are then free to move on to the next stage of our work life. A pending new employeer may contact our former employeer(s) to check on our job references, skills, work conduct, attendance but that is about it. I've never heard of any administrator or supervisor "helping" (?) an employee with their next job. Sounds to me as if she is butting in where she doesn't belong!

Pia K said...

oh kim, now that would be a way to see it;)

kind and uplifting comments as ever, elephant's child and sienna!

dear dahn, this is a part of the mess in my life, the administrator works at the authority that's called job centre/unemployment office. and yes i have worked in a project there for the last 6 months. unpaid. in order to get my benefits only. because this is the way of the swedish system and its shameful labour market politics. i will now move on to another position, unpaid, in order to get the same measly amount of money. but in this case it's to work on getting that job back i had for 24 hours before unforeseen circumstances took it away. and its a small company with no insights or will to abuse the system for cheap labour. i feel it's a good mix of contributing with my knowledge and skills at the same time as i learn stuff i'm interested in. and in a few months, who knows...

and no, if it was a regular paid job no administrator would do this ! but if you're in the snare of the system, you do get treated as a lesser competent being, no matter background and skills. seems like the administrators at the job centre have been educated in the best way patronize while seemingly peptalk...

Unknown said...

PS: Don't forget to put a Bobbaloo in your pocket!!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...