Thursday, March 29, 2012

tired thursday

005

Feeling a bit under the weather, tired, a touch of snivels, a bit of cough, achy muscles, no real appetite, uninspired and sad, for no particular reason, funk and blah - that sums me up at the moment. An unpleasant mix of a cold and spring funk perhaps. I'll have to wait it out and take it easy for a while I think. What do you do to get your mojo back, your inspiration and go ahead? Any suggestions much appreciated.

And to top that off I bit a tooth off yesterday, an old, nasty amalgam filling broke - it was meant to happen one day, I suppose I should be grateful it didn't until now... - so tomorrow I'll have to get that fixed. At a local dentist this time, I have to say that I'm not very happy about all the money I had to pay for the root filling nastiness last year, so I'll try the general dentistry this time instead. And not the private dentist I've been going to for some 20 years now. One might say I've lost *a bit* of faith in him after last year's ordeal. Hopefully this will be a quick and easy thing, plus fingers crossed, not as costly. I got a very very nice impression from the very service-minded nurse who answered the phone. Plus they sent me an SMS to remind me of the appointment. Small nice gestures you don't always get.

So, no walk and talk tomorrow, but a dentist appointment instead. Not really the way I had hoped to finish March. Things can only get better now, right? Right.

The only clever cat tuesday about this post is a photo (there will be a proper kitten post soon, there really will). Zigne perfectly illustrating how I feel, tired and black/white. But this funk too shall pass. Of course.

4 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Zigne is so big now! Great capture.

Good luck with the dentist tomorrow. Fingers crossed things will go smoothly.

As for getting one's mojo back...I do find a long walk in woods helps, though I seldom get to do that. Well, to say I get my "mojo" back is an overstatement, but being with trees and away from people always helps to centre me, to calm me. :-)

Not feeling calm right now, having just spent 23 minutes on the phone with an employee of a bank division, trying to get a receipt I need for my taxes, and which hasn't shown up yet. LOL.

If I had any dark chocolate in the house I'd be eating it!

Hmm, maybe a yummy treat will help you feel better--after your tooth is fixed.

Felis said...

I sorry to hear that! Shower, before long dream, usually helps me symbolical to wash problems and to wake up refreshed.

I like your proposals, Fuzzy Tales, and totally understand you, obviously bureaucracy is slow in every countries :), they like to feel more important than the average user.

DahnStarr said...

I'm loving your kitties right now, please don't tell my dog as he thinks he is the center of the universe.

Depending on the mojo fix I'm in need of they can include: 1. Cup of hot tea, a nice sun spot to sit in and read the newspaper, 2. A good "I feel sorry for myself" cry with a sappy movie, 3. Get my fanny outside and away from everything, 4. road trip, and 5. Wine to my mother and having her tell me to "knock-it-off and enjoy your life!" (Last one works every time.) <3

Poppy Q said...

Miss Pia - you're not the only ones that has these 'moments'.

I find that little treats help me a bit. A movie night with a new dvd, going to a movie (I'm going to do that tomorrow), put some fave/silly music on and dance. A little bit of retail therapy, but I give myself a $20 limit, so I don't have byers remorse, so a new CD, a lipstick, a new nail polish or a book on my Kindle, or a small bunch of flowers.

Or for free, a nice walk, an hour in the garden, an hour of blog reading, or a big cuddle with a cat, or a person.

Hugs to you sweetie.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...