Thursday, November 13, 2014

eating out: falafelbaren

falafel stockholm

A really good falafel is hard to find. At least in Stockholm. But today I met what is most likely the best falafel I've ever had. In Stockholm and elsewhere.

Best overall falafel meal is still by far Hummus Bar in Budapest. Though as far as falafel itself goes, this one was super lovely, both in texture and flavour. Light and crispy.

The falafel and I met at popular hipster place (though I was glad to see there was a wide range of other guests too) Falafelbaren (The Falafel bar) and enjoyed a lunch together. Or at least I enjoyed the lunch, falafel was simply eaten.

I chose the falafel salad with halloumi. I know, I'm trying to eat vegan as much as possible but it was ages ago since I had halloumi and it looked so good. Sadly - or not! - it didn't taste much and it was difficult to remember why I've used to love halloumi. If there'll ever be a vegan version I'm no stranger to trying it of course...

The rest of the salad consisted of different mezes with flavour and textures that made the palate a very happy one. (Although carrot salad was no where near as heavenly as the Hummus Bar carrot and coriander one...)

falafel stockholm

My company chose luxuary falafel in pita bread and enjoyed it immensely too.

All food served at Falafelbaren is vegetarian. Most of it is vegan apart from the cheese and egg in a couple of dishes. The rennet in the cheese is non-animal.

Already looking forward to my next lunch there!

Edit, January 2015 - Please beware of a horribly slippery floor in the restaurant. I crash landed and unfortunately the coat needed a good dry cleaning after the incident, but things could really have gone so much worse. They apologized profusely but I was not offered anything as a compensation, like a free meal.

Edit again - they were really good on social media after the incident and they offered to pay my dry cleaning. Great customer service!

Food - 4/5
Service - 3/5
Ambiance - 2/5
Value for money - 4/5

Falafelbaren
Hornsgatan 39
Stockholm

Mon - Fri 11 am - 7 pm (or until they run out of falafel)
Sat 11 am  - 4 pm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...