Wednesday, January 28, 2015

look, a parrot scarf!

parrot scarf

I may be a knitter, crocheter, yarn addict myself but I don't shy away from beautiful things created by others. So as soon as I saw Nina Führer's shop on Etsy with gorgeous animal scarves I knew I had to have one. And I was lucky enough to be able to get it with some Christmas money, hooray!

the parrot scarf and i

Of all the different animals on scarf to choose from the cockatoo was the most adorable and realistic to have wrapped and on your shoulder imho so the choice was obvious. Even if every piece is cute - although admittedly as it is with foxes, even wool ones signals a real dead fur fox around your neck, I can never really look past that - this was THE one for me.

the parrot scarf and i

It arrived the other week and it's absolutely gorgeous. Possibly not appreciated by the feline inspectors because "sigh, another furry one who will no doubt demand time, attention and cuddles", but the more appreciated by me. The design is seemingly simple and understated and at the same time very impressive. Over all a fabulous piece. I haven't had the opportunity to wear it just yet, but the wool (not merino wool of course) is soft and warm. The parrot is adorable and its beak is a clip that serves as a clasp.

the parrot scarf and i

I'm so happy about this wonderful parrot scarf but I really need to practise how to wear it in a way that makes the piece justice AND keep me warm in the harsh winter we're having in Sweden. Easier said than done. This is so much more than just wrapping a wool scarf around your neck to keep warm, this is a piece of art that needs proper flaunting.

the parrot scarf and i

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That is lovely. A charmer, just as the birds are.
While we do get cold in my city - minus 5C anyway, I don't feel the cold and couldn't wear it. I can and do appreciate it though.

CrimsonAnna said...

It's great. Cute and if you're a sun worshipper, it reminds you of warmer climates.

Also love the cat's expression on the picture "What is this? A bird I can't have fun with? Blasphemy!"

Aodhnait said...

Love it! Very hipster :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...