Friday, May 01, 2015

goodbye april, hello may

flowers and garden, april 2015

I know, I still haven't written that a year in 12 pictures post for 2014, and somehow it seems doubtful I ever will. Although I think it's a lovely thing to do, a way to keep track of progress, ups and downs, happiness and sorrow. And it's nice to sum up each month in one picture only. Plus a few sentences.

But I'll do a short summary of this past month of April instead, since it's been a rather full and fun month. And surprising.

:: I started a new longterm assignment. Which so far has been a blend of exciting, fun, interesting with a not unsubstantial part confusing and babel of tongues. I've used my knowledge and I've learnt new stuff. Including how very different Swedish corporate structures and hierarchies are compared to other countries. A how uncomplicated and smooth things could be if other countries and corporate structures were more like the Swedish. That's certainly an interesting firsthand insight. Things will of course improve and communication run smoother the better we get to know eachother. But after a month, the first month or many more, this is my impression.

:: I've discovered a fabulous grapefruit body butter, lemon and thyme bread plus a vanilla bun to swoon over (to be written about later).

:: I've baked some amazing pineapple pies. Droolworthy. Really.

:: I've had a wonderful pedicure. I think it has been at least 10 months since the last, my feet needed that. Because there's only so much an express pedi gadget can do.

:: I helped a poor butterfly with broken wings to a peaceful last few hours. It was the obvious and right thing to do. Perhaps there was good karma.

:: I discovered colouring books for grown ups and pencils, oh pencils...

:: I made an adorable (if I may say so) amigurumi donut.

:: And then I and the donut attended a lovely sustainability conference with such a nice and isnpiring ambiance and loads of good, likeminded people from mainly the travel, hotel and tourism-industry. Made great new contacts, some of which I hope to collaborate with in the future.

:: There have been two birthdays celebrated (M and my mum's) and I had such fun preparing their respective gifts.

:: I got more happy lights. Because you can't have too many of those.

:: There have been plenty of gorgeous cherry blossoms - although sadly I never got the chance to experience the Kungsträdgården ones when they were in full bloom. I'm quite disappointed that things turned out that unfortunate way.

:: I attended a big healing and seance. Yes really. Thanks to a quirky and inspiring friend of mine. Overall it was a huge disappointment, the thoughts on healing was interesting and I don't doubt this medium and others have certain features and abilities of communication that set them apart from most of us. But seriously, this is something that shouldn't take place in a large setting like that but on a more personal and intimate level with only a few attendees. This setting is clearly more hawking than caring. I'm also fascinated and surprised that there were obviously so many adoring hangarounds who attend this guy's every event. My friend knows his work well and has all his books, me I hadn't heard of him. And after that evening I'm admittedly not interested to learn more.

:: I bought a fantastic new zebra scarf.

:: I had great meetings, on both a personal and professional level.

:: The pug named Malte will make an international paw print.

:: Spring has most certainly arrived. There has been lots of sunshine, budding and blooming flowers. Chilly winds and warmer days. And on one of those warmer days I tried my first rice icecream and it was heavenly.

:: I gave you the chance to sign up for a lovely novella subscription with a decent discount - use it before May 10!

:: I said bye to a former favourite photo app and rekindled with an old one.

:: I'm now preparing for and putting the finishing touches to a fun inspirational breakfast talk on social media marketing for creative sole traders I'm doing on Wednesday. Such fun that will be I'm sure!

I'm looking forward to May, 
there's excitement in the air, 
possibilities unknown and 
there will be the lilacs time of the year ~

flowers and garden, april 2015

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...