Monday, December 07, 2015

the thoughts of an introvert


A while back I saw a t-shirt with a print that said "Introverts unite! We're here, we're uncomfortable and we want to go home" - needless to say it was very easy to relate to. And one day soon I'll get that t-shirt.

For now, after spending a day in the city I'm ever so grateful (no matter how nice the city visit/meeting has been) to know I usually don't have to do that the next day or two or even more days in a row. That I can work from home, not having to share my space with others, plan my days in whatever way I want just as long as I meet my deadlines.

That's bliss. And deep gratitude. Plus it does make me appreciate my must-days amongst people the more, both from an inspirational and introvert point of view.

6 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

I'm an interesting mix of both, I love being around people for short periods of time, and then I'd like to retreat and lock the door, thank you.

xox

Elephant's Child said...

I would buy that t-shirt in a heart beat if I saw it. For myself and for my partner.

Sarah-Kate said...

Oh I so totally undertand! Have you read 'Quiet: the power of introverts in a world that won't stop talking', by Susan Cain? I really recommend it! She talks a lot about how it isn't so much that introverts aren't sociable, it's just that sociable activities are depleting to introverts and they need 'recovery' time. I'm all about the recovery time! I live alone (apart from my tiny cat) and home really is my sanctuary - I had a housemate for a while and it made me a bit crazy, I felt like a computer with fluff stuck in the fan, constantly overheating! Now home is my alone time, and I agree I appreciate my 'people time' much more.

Pia K said...

Agree, Heidikins! But I most prefer one on one interaction. In general I think people in groups work best for watching on a nice distance, over a cup of tea;)

Pia K said...

Not sure about the shop's name, but I think it's googlable:) Spot on text!

Pia K said...

Thank you for a lovely comment, Sarah-Kate:) Susan Cain is lovely! I have the book, watched her Ted talk and follow Quiet Revolution on LinkedIn and Twitter, lots of thoughtful and inspiring articles there. It's great this is finally acknowledged now, that there are so many of us. And that we rock! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...