Thursday, February 25, 2021

vegan hot cocoa with whipped cream and mallows

 












As my brain fog status limits my energy as well as my ability to write the way I’d like to, am used to, let’s talk about the joy of a really good cup of hot cocoa, okey?

Of all the combos I’ve used to create the perfect vegan cup of hot cocoa heaven, over the years, I do believe I stumbled over perfection yesterday.













Up until recently, my favourite vegan whipped cream has been coconut cream, alas not this one in pic but from the brand Garant which has THE perfect coconut cream for whipping. Sadly only available at Hemköp grocery stores, of which there is none in my hoods. And for it to make financial sense ordering online I need to place a substantial order. Which I’m not keen to do. 

Anyhow, the new-ish iMat whipping cream by Oatly is absolutely brilliant. Whips well and have a more neutral flavour, but oh so creamy. And no palm oil, hooray. 











Planti oat cream is decent too, but it contains palm oil alas. So does the Alpro soy (and for hot cocoa it’s nasty as it gives a very unpleasant tang). So again, Oatly iMat whip it is.













As for marshmallows, I’ve never really been a fan, I’ve always gound them too soft and icky in texture. And the vegan ones have also failed to impress. Until now. Stumbled over these from Spanish brand Vidal (never heard of before, but it’s apparently an old, well-known brand) at a local tobacco shop of all places.

Love them! Much nicer texture and quite addictive. 

So in order to create THE most delicious big cup of hot cocoa with extra oumph I used 

3-4 dl Oatly iKaffe oat milk - let to boil

1 tsp, roughly, organic cocoa + 2 tsp, roughly, coconut sugar - whisk together in your big cup with a splosh of oat milk

Pour the boiling oat milk over the mixture and stir until blended properly.

Add a generous amount of whipped oat cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with a few mallows. 

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy a cruelty-free, kind, amazing cup of delicious hot cocoa!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...