Monday, July 12, 2021

fully vaxxed with vegan cinnamon buns ✅

 













Finally got my second Covid-shot yesterday. 

And now I will just continue to live my life in a way that doesn’t cause new pandemics. 

It’s not as if I’ll get back to the life that used to be normal, with the vaccination. But I might be able to breath a bit easier, and go on the odd outing without having minor stress attacks. 

As people continue to be careless, selfish and ignore social distance on public transports and such, it is not something I relish at the idea of being able to do again. And at the most 5% are wearing face masks. 

The two times I’ve travelled with public transport to the city (for my shots) I wore the disposible, medical graded masks. Yesterday it was pretty horrible since my glasses steamed up , I couldn’t see, and it was actually somewhat difficult to breath. 

Next time I’ll use the pretty and well-made non-disposible fabric ones someone kind and talented gifted me a while back. With people rubbing up against you like they still do for reasons unknown these days, I’m really not comfortable at all NOT wearing a mask during those circumstances.

The vaccination does not give you 100% safety and who knows about all the variants coming or the next pandemic (because humans obviously still haven’t learned how devastating their addiction to animal meat and dairy is for us all. Why is it so difficult to connect the obvious dots and act compassionately?), so better safe than sorry after 1,5 years of struggling to adjust to totally new circumstances.













This is how the commuter train (pendeltåg) looks like when you have to use the replacement buses until August 16. For the umpteenth year. Before 9am on a Sunday morning it was calm (we were only 3 people on the bus then). It wasn’t as people free on my way home around 12.30 though. But at least I didn’t have to rub close shoulders with anyone.


First thing I did when I got into the city was buying a soy latte. Then I walked to pick up the 10 vegan cinnamon buns I had pre-ordered. And had a much needed visit to their toilet. Phew. Then a little rest before I walked a few hundred yards to the church used as vaccination center. The queue outside was longer this time, but highly effective and friendly. 

Afterwards I walked to the Asian store that sells excellent Sweden made (just outside Stockholm city) tofu and bought some packages. Then continued to the subway, got me another coffee to go (oat latte this time) and headed down to the platform. 7 stations to get to the bus station for the replacement bus. With only 1 stop before the end/train station that is mine. There I had to wait 15 minutes for my connecting bus home. Got off one stop prior to my home stop, to get a celebratory vegan thai lunch take away with little mum.

After this year of seclusion and a small, restricted world, every little thing out of the ordinary gets to be a big deal, and somewhat overwhelming. Both the good and the bad. 


It was lovely as usual. But I am so looking forward to having lunch in the city in a not too distant future now. Variety is the spice of life.


The plantbased cinnamon buns were just as amazing as I remembered them. 2 eaten, 8 in the freezer. First seasonal episode of ’Midsomer Murders’ tomorrow (which is, as you know by now, how summer in Sweden always get a kick start. Bit late this year though…), so I’ll have one with a nice rooibos cuppa then too. 

*Everyone* seem to be celebrating their completed vaccination in champagne and meeting lots of people. No champagne for me, and as much as I’d love to meetup for fika with people I miss, I do prefer my cinnamon buns, coffee to go and the prospect of a delicious homemade tofu dinner asap. I’m easy to please that way. 


Despite two large cups of coffee and copious amount of water drunk yesterday, I had the longest uninterrupted sleep I’ve had since the pandemic started, last night. Slept like a log (or Ztina) for 9,5 hours. No dreams I can remember. And no side effects but for a sore, stiff upper left arm (better than a stiff upper lip).

All that stress and worry taking its much needed toll, despite all that coffee. Impressive and surprising me thinks.

I meditated for 45ish minutes when I woke up this morning, and then I actually fell asleep for another 3 hours. 

It has been a slow, restful, and another hot summer day today. And amidst this persistent heatwave it’s not really enjoyable to lay on the sun (shade) bed until after 5pmish. But then it’s really very lovely. To lay there reading, thinking, listening to music is truly one, if not THE best, relaxing time to spend a summer day in the world according to Pia. As things are in this new pandemic world.

But oh how much I look forward to new beginnings with this important box ✅ now, a fresh, exciting start that feeds my soul and offers sustainability adventures and growth. So many new moons, fullmoons, dreams and hard work, hey Universe, isn’t it about high time the stars align for me too now? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...