Thursday, September 01, 2022

hello autumn, farewell summer 2022


 












’Mirror mirror on the wall…’

September, and autumn is suddenly upon us. After heatwaves continuing in August, and indoors was still the most pleasant way to be, temperatures have dropped drastically. It feels weird. And sad. Because summer this year was a huge disappointment and a very draining affair, to be honest. Despite taking comfort in my little pockets of joy, it was rough. I don’t believe I have ever felt relaxed and energized after these past few summers, as I most always felt prior to the hellish summer # 1 in 2018. 

I remember 2019 being a lovely one, but from 2020 the climate emergency has been so obvious it is hart impossible to feel anything but angst. With all the idiots - sorry, not other word apply so perfectly for people living in denial thinking they can continue their wasteful, ignorant, business as usual lives and someone else should pick up the bill - ignoring the gravity in our shared situation, it is truly beyond surreal.

I also feel there’s been a mental change out there post-covid (which isn’t really post obviously, I’m scheduled for my second booster in a couple of weeks), a general lack of empathy, more elbows less kindness. It’s not super nice to step into the outside world, it’s cold and un-welcoming. Like most everyone suffers from brain injury á la post-covid, and it has removed empathy. Anyone else getting the same vibes?













The polling stations opened last week, the Swedish election isn’t until September 11, but it’s much nicer to ✅ that box well before that date. There’s only one Green Party (with a notion to keep their influence in the government) straight talking about the climate emergency. Every other party ignore the seriousness in the most crazy ways. It is downright scary. And this has been the nastiest Swedish election campaign ever. Post-covid nasty. The most horrid low water mark after another, mostly from the right-wing climate denying parties obviously. 

I ticked my ballots yesterday, and so did little mum. We had planned a nice little city outing. But most everything went wrong from trying to find a way in at the polling station, the access wasn’t very good, and getting home and realising I had missed to send and invoice for money that was due August 31… Luckily that could be fixed. But this image of little mum dropping my much anticipated soy latte on the train station is a very apt image for what the last day of August, of summer 2022, felt like… Well, pretty much ALL  summer really. 



























I can’t really put in to words how desperately I NEED for September, and the rest of this year, to show up with positive news and new beginnings. I’m sure I am far from the only one feeling this, but this is my world, and my blog so there you are…

I had more August matters to digitally pen down, but I’ll save that for another soonish post I think. As clock is ticking closer to midnight on these latitudes now.

I’m still waiting for the court of appeal to make a decision about my furry darlings and living in limbo over that has obviously taken its toll. They are so very very very missed. Ztina and Ågot. My best little furry buddies. A home without a cat isn’t really a home.













Please please please September be kind, and if you offer news and surprises do make them joyful only and I would be oh so grateful for plenty of them!

Thank you August, I’m sure you gave me meaningful lessons I don’t fully appreciate yet. At least you showed up every day. Bye bye, summer.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...