Friday, May 17, 2019

glorious may and hey computer crash

Currently experiencing my first ever computer crash - thank you Microsoft and WIndows update - and I can but hold my fingers and toes tightly crossed all my documents are salvagable and that the computer can be fixed. Also, to figure out passwords or change them is ridiculously time-consuming for every gadget.

Writing this on the iPad, and let's just say it's so very far from the user friendliness of a decent computer, a regular screen and keyboard. It may be nifty at times, but I do prefer the iPhone (on which I can't blog effectively since the Blogger app was removed altogether alas) for most things daily. Though obviously not writing longer texts.

So this will be a short update. Or as short as I can keep it. Unfortunately without more photos, because it's just too timeconsuming to figure out how to do it the best way here. Which is a pity, because there have been a plethora of gorgeous blooms and moments in May. The weather has been terribly capricious, as global warming is the new normal there have days which have been ice cold and some more seasonably appropriate, but most days a coat is still called for.

I'm grateful that everything hasn't bloomed yet, as it did last year, due to the cold weather. But I also long for much more rain than sun.

So, what has happened since last, in May so far?

Had a wonderful outing to Millesgården. The art in question wasn't really my cup of tea, but the garden and sculpture park is always such a delight no matter season.

Ztina's health has continued to be a great worry and conondrum. And I can't help but questioning the vet's competence, to be honest. It has been pretty costly, to say the least, even with the insurance, and perhaps he's more interested in the money that figuring out the reason behind her sympthoms...

The tests haven't showed anything abnormal, I have a new appointment on monday, hopefully we can come to a good decision on the next step then. Meanwhile she has her good days, her less than good days, but never great days, or fully normal days for a usually perky 7 year old. 

After having cats in my life for over 30 years she's the first one ever who've been ill in this unknown and long-term way. And I guess there's a line somewhere, when enough is enough, when her life quality as a rather young cat with many more years to live fully, isn't what it should be, unless we figure out what's ailing her.

Something I don't really want to think about, but it's been in the back of my mind for months now so...

On the brighter side of the nearby animal kingdom, I've had a dog sitting session for a super cute puppy whose a ShiTzu mix, named Zelda. I would not want a puppy again myself, but spending time with baby animals is just such a treat and bliss for the soul.

Been to a couple of interviews. Both for what seemed like pretty great jobs, but as usual you never know about the competition. An also as usual, what's meant to be will be. I'm not good at being patient, but so much in life is a waiting game, and well, my trust in the timing of the universe is something I'm constantly working on.

I've taken my first shot against the dreaded tick desease TBE, need two more this summer before I'm fully vaccinated. I'm pretty proud I, whose afraid of needles, found the experience pretty hassle as well as pain free.

Attended a pretty cosy feelgood evening, with several swedish chicklit writers I had basically never heard of before, but best of all both Marian Keyes and Jenny Colgan. Got books signed, bought some new ones and had a shoe per diem moment with Marian Keyes - and the picture to prove it!

I've bought myself a pink Re-Kånken. SO now I can finally decide if I'm having a blue or pink kind of day.

I've also finally, after years of looking, found the perfect denim skirt. WIth pockets of course. I did want one in organic cotton and a slightly different model. But no matter how much I looked and browsed the internetz I couldn't find it. I then saw an A-line one at Levi's and knew it would be great, if it fitted. And hooray, it was perfect when it arrived. It'll be my go to skirt forever, and it really does go with everything.

I went to my first, and last, ever Marimeko sample sale. 7.30 am and it was a surprisingly long queue, and people went a bit crazy (understatement) once inside. I only snatched a big summer tote in a lovely red flower pattern and quickly made my departure. Never again. But an experience richer.

I've also sold a decent portion of the garments I handed in at the Bric-a-Brac second hand sale. 20% to charity and the rest in a voucher for me. I really have to make my plans on selling garments I'm no longer happy about having in my wardrobe, but still have many years of use in then and will look great on someone else, a reality. A good cleanse.

Had a wonderful dinner at a (new to me) vegan restaurant with a friend. Magical interior, friendly, knowledgable staff, great food and not least, a dog friendly place with its own restaurant dog, Google Fröjdas STockholm and you'll find it.

I've pre-voted in the EU-elections. And for the first time ever, I voted a 100% with heart and head and didn't settle for 'the least bad' for strategical reasons. 

My current music crush is Years & Years. Especially "If you're over me*. (Also, surprisingly enough given my opinions of the Eurovision Contest, I love the SWedish contribution this year, only heard it for the first time yesterday, but I think it's pretty spectacular, professional and catchy. John Lundvik - Too late for love)

Thank you so far, glorious May, ups and downs, more ups and fabulousness only from now on, okey? Thank you kindly, with gratitude.

1 comment:

Beth Waltz said...

Ztina's situation reminds me of a similar ordeal I experienced with my Mindy Melrose. At this point my local vet referred me to The Expert at a specialty clinic. This was not an inexpensive consultation -- but the bills were mounting and my vet said SHE wanted to know if she was overlooking anything. The Expert was a very kind man, who identified an extremely rare blood disorder and helped us all down the rest of the path... May you be as fortunate, Pia.

Your description of the Marimeko sample sale gave me a chuckle: the only way Ikea will get more of my cash is to provide delivery service for the restaurant. So many enthusiastic shoppers who can't steer their carts!

Blessings on the Microsoft/Windows challenge. I deny any and all updates as they arise. Even so, my Norton Security abruptly changed my default home page. Pfui!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...