Wednesday, October 25, 2023

birthday á la 2023

 


Had such hope for a great October month. 

Instead I’ve spent almost three weeks (and counting) really sick in a horrid flu. Apart from the awful, painful coughing I had an eye infection and lost my hearing for a while. Still not 100% back, but little by little…

Little mum caught the virus when she went to the city with a friend (who didn’t get sick) on October 1st, got sick a couple of days later and then transmitted it to me in a slightly different version.

She visited the doctor twice and was diagnosed with almost pneumonia, and got antibiotics. Not quite back to herself yet though.

I’m grateful I skipped that part of the flu from hell, but it was really bad enough what I got. As losing the will to live bad.

Apparently the flu this year is particularly nasty as it’s post-pandemic and being as fairly isolated s most of us have been we haven’t been in touch with viruses as regularly as we used to. I do hope this ordeal have at least been generous with new and perky antibodies.

And today was my birthday. Which I had planned a little unpretentious train trip for. But the little outing I did yesterday - it was like a new season and distinctively chilly, which in itself felt quite bizarre - turned out to be just enough for my current energy levels. Stayed home today. Had a decent breakfast, a bowl of vegan candy, and a new (library) book. I cooked a proper meal - these past few weeks have consisted of low apetite, dito energy and mostly porridge and soups. Cooking again feels like a victory worth celebrating on its own.

For my birthday I’ve gifted myself the plissee skirt I think I mentioned in my previous post, this vegan slow fashion sneakers from Swedish Icebugs and a colourful second hand Marimekko bedset. 

Even though I generally detest the colour black, I chose these because of that colour as they will look great for the season and go well with all my bright tights. They felt awesome during yesterday’s walking and I do hope there will still be plenty if time to wear them before the weather turns snow and ice.






















I also watched the last episodes of the great British fantasy-scifi-mystery-drama ’Bodies’ on Netflix. If you haven’t watched it yet, you really should. Time loops at its best.

I missed a plantbased cream pastry. And I missed taking that planned (and paid without refund) little trip. I’m hoping I’ll be able to do it before Scorpio season is over.

But as far as I’m concerned, with only a few days left, October 2023 was just a miserable and lost month. That makes me sad. And disappointed. Let’s make these last days really count! And November so much more!

💚🩷💚

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...