Sunday, March 31, 2024

march, easter, april 2024














This will be a quick, short Easter post (or maybe I’ll continue to add to it later, haven’t decided yet).

March hasn’t been very eventful, but with the return of light (despite some snowy days) there’s hope of life after a long, dark, cold and awful winter. And that alone is cause of a little celebration I’d say. It finally feels easier to breath somehow. And for that I’m very grateful for your days, March of 2024!

Easter, which has always been my favourite holiday/long weekend (without reservation until M passed away on Easter week Wednesday in 2016, now I’ve come to appreciate it again, but it’s also a slightly bittersweet weekend for me…)













This year it has mostly been spent watching movies and TV-series (the weather hasn’t been great), drinking a lot of tea, finishing a couple of books (Easter weekend is for reading crime fiction - tradition imported from Norway ’påskekrim’ - so that’s what I’ve mainly been doing.













My goal was also to finally finish that fluffy strawberry sweater I joyfully began knitting a year ago. I ran out of the pink colour when I was about to finish the second arm last year. 

Had to come up with a creative solution, as it would be costly to send for a couple of pink skeins from Norway (the only seller) just for that. 

Then the summer heat came, no time for knitting wolly things. And then the cold autumn/winter made it impossible to use knitting needles in a comfortable way. 

So here we are. And I still haven’t picked up the needles yet. But there’s still one day left of Easter weekend…! 🍓

March also brought one last vegan semla moment of the best kind. Which made the total this year to five, consumed over three months.























With snow/ice free streets a plenty, I also had one day of wearing high heels. Which is a very rare thing after the pandemic, when sneakers (to my great surprise) truly stepped up as my new reliable shoe-friends. So wearing high heels, or medium for that matter, have become rather awkward. 

But I’m also thinking it’s a good way to use different muscles. No long walks in these obviously, but it felt like an accomplishment to do some errands in these just before the weekend. And then some extra stretching.

Long term readers might remember that these boots was a birthday gift (El Naturalista) many years ago. I still love the style, comfortable design, the pink colour, I just don’t wear them as much.

Have been toying with the idea of selling off some rarely used shoes/boots (and I already have with some, without feeling sad and nostalgic), but these and a few others are still attached to memories I’m not ready to part with. And as the shoes still fits…

The tights are Snagtights fabulous ones (I never wear any other tights than these ones, anymore), in one of my favourite colours Raspberry. Very perky and joyous it is! 🩷

Just like the plantbased Easter candies from Swedish candy maker Bubs. Surrounded by the old bunch of Easter sonny angels - and as the slogan goes ’he may bring you happiness’ 💛
















The best meal this Easter weekend, that’s nearly over alas, was the plantbased cream tea with scones we had on Easter Sunday. Not sponsored (alas) by Marimekko (or any other brand obviously) but as you know by now, the love for the colourful and bold dessign in long lasting quality runs deep in me.

So the Easter table is set with a mix of old, second hand pieces and a few new ones that I will continue to enjoy for many many years. 💛🤍💜




I recall mentioning I was going to do a Maria Nila vegan colour hair pak to welcome March in style, in my last post? The colour Bright Red turned out great, and a few washes later it’s still quite visible (even if it’s slowly fading back to grey, via pink). 

With the hope of life-feeling that March brought, I do continue to be true to myself and hopeful that April 2024 will finally bring that hard worked for positive changes and new (plantbased communicative) opportunities. Surely it’s time to shine and change now? 

Many, grateful thanks in advance, April, your predecessor did well, now it’s up to you to carry that torch to greatness, mkay? Welcome happiest of Aprils!

🌱❤️🌱❤️🌱❤️🌱❤️🌱



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...