Same procedure as last time, random photos from the second past of the month. Text to follow over the days to come. M’kay?
Photo 1 ⬆️
In my no food waste strategy I was left with an old fresh yeast package left in the fridge I really didn’t want to waste. So I baked my second batch of cinnamon buns the other day, from a new vegan recipe I found, was it this year? Or possibly for the cinnamon bun day last year (October 4th)?
Anyway, turned out much much better than the old recipe I had used ’forever’. It isn’t perfect, the amount of sugar, agave (no honey for me) and butter in the filling is ridiculous. So I’m tweaking it even more next time, when I find it perfect I will blog share (and link to the Swedish recipe I found online). As I don’t bake a lot these days (apart from the overnight no knead rolls) it will most likely not be any time soon.
But why not try and share it for Cinnamon Bun Day 2026? Fingers crossed for that.
They turned out great! (But for too animal free butter and sugar in filling then). Concistency was perfect. And the amount of cinnamon too. The style needs a bit of work too. But at least it was a fairlyquick work this way.
Most of them rest safely in freezer now. But I’m fairly sure we will have devoured them by the end of August.
It was a perfect way to spend a late July day prior to our second mini-heatwave in Sweden (this summer has not been nearly as horrible - so far - as in the south of Europe. The complete devastation the human caused climate emergency has caused for wildlife is ๐๐๐๐๐ ad infinitum. And I cry every day over the photos and videos… Poor innocent souls.)
Photo 2 ⬆️
The very last plantbased dinner I cooked in July was a simple, moreish stir fry with tofu and noodles. ๐ฅ๐ง ๐ง๐ซ baby spinach, green beans, topped with sesame seeds, edamame and Hoisin sauce.
Plenty of leftover for tomorrow, so foodwise August will begin as July ended. Perfect.















No comments:
Post a Comment