Thursday, March 29, 2007

From China with love

This is what a very nice M (that has a certain 007-feeling to it, huh?) brought me, from his business (or was it just that...) trip to China.

I must say, even though I'm very clear on what I do like and don't like, what I think is completely unnecessary, ugly, a waste of resources etc etc he still, after all this time, more than sometimes shows more than a slight dash of cluelessness *which is a very nice way to put it*... Well, I guess everyone can't have an eye for what to shop and not. Perhaps.

And you know that feeling that you really shouldn't be ungrateful, because it was just someone being kind... Even if that someone really ought to know better...

The only thing I put in an order on was the Guerlain KissKiss lipstick #523 - check! Quite lovely both in colour and package plus as usual it smells divine. Maybe this is The One Red lipstick that really will suit me...

Of course I had put in a big order for pearls and stones - I did get some rather nice stones, but in the more personal and small quantity-kind of way. Looks like most of them will be made into jewellery for me, myself and I and noone else. Alas no pearls.

Strange nuts, quite tasty coconut-coffee candy (even if I'm not certain I've got all my teeth intact after eating them...), Chinese tea (that can't go wrong, can it?) of unidentified sort, lipbalm with apple, a pashmina shawl in a lovely green colour (but allow me to be rather sceptical about its pashmina-quality... 70% pashmina and 30% silk, hm, I don't know about that...). Still, so far so good.

But now we have arrived at the point when the things bought just seems to slowly slipsliding downwards - why do I need a box of Hello Kitty with quite awful jellycandy? And a butt-ugly pig-torch in pink plastic? And even if I like SHEmagazine (incl lipgloss) I do not want to have another issue of horrible Glamour-magazine EVER (but I suspect that's something that my dear agent M does know)!! Especially NOT when it comes with a horrific pink summer bag exclusively designed for Glamour by H&M... And no, no, no I do not need a pink plastic wristwatch with catpaws...

Either the years of comrade-Pia-what-to-shop-and-not-indoctrination hasn't worked at all - that male gene is more insubordinate than one might suspect! - or perhaps agent M find great delight in buying these plastic-not-fantastic just for tease sake. I'm not sure which is worse...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, As an Aussie living in Hong Kong, you have just received a comprehensive cultural time machine, all in one hit! Well done! Cano (Cantonese/Hong Kong) chic all in one! It might be ugly, but enjoy the moment:)

Pia K said...

:)

I'll be sure to pass that on to the giver M, who I suspect think the receiever P is a tad ungrateful and demanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...