Thursday, August 24, 2006

Late August


Oh, now it's sort of only one week left of our glorious Swedish summer... I can't really say "where did it all go?" because I do believe we've had a long and sunny (sometimes too sunny...) summer with many experiences and happenings, good food, yummy drinks, great company, kittens and cats extravaganza - oh yes, and great summer sales too!!

My garden is still luscious and green, the white clematis still overflows with flowers and buds, and I've bought some autumn plants and flowers to try an prolong the flowery-season.

Not that I really hate autumn - not anymore - being an autumn-child myself (late October), even if it's sort of the season of death in some aspects, it's also a season full of fantastic, inspiring colours and the opportunity to wear those neat layering autumn outfits, lots of shawls and enjoy big cups of tea by candlelight once again. Even if the weather forces you to say goodbye - for now - to those fun, Swedish clogs (which I invested in this summer and they sure bring back childhood memories...).

Another thing I've been thinking about is wether to continue writing this in English or switch to svenska, men jag antar att det är bra att även på detta sätt försöka hålla engelskan en smula levande...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...