Saturday, March 23, 2019

three years later

super full moon - worm moon - vernal equinox, march 20, 2019 (sweden)

It's three years ago today, since M passed away. Suddenly and unexpectedly. Since then so much has happened. I've grown so much. Yet so little has changed, and I feel I've accomplished so little. I'm not yet where I want to be, but I acknowledge this is also part of the journey called life. Every experience is an opportunity to learn new things. And grow as a human being, into a better version of yourself.

If I would say that with M's death I've lost many people that I used to call friends and acquaintances. That would be true. As if death in itself is contagious. I guess they were neither friends nor acquaintances. Or people worth trust and time.

If I would say that after his death I've welcomed new as well as rekindled with old friends and acquaintances. That would be equally true. And my life is richer for it, not poorer for the people lost.

Even if my inner compass will most likely forever remember this time of the year as unexpectedly sorrowful, I also know it will get better year after year. And that life will be filled with magical things, rich and rewarding (as long as there is a livable planet of course) as well as more sorrow and pain, because that's life too.

This was a simple post of reflection, on how quickly life can change drastically and have to be rebuilt, and how you always have to create meaning and purpose in your own life, not depend on others to do it for you. Sometimes that's needed too, amidst all this cosmo geeking.

What's meant to be will be. But we can always make an effort and nudge it, in the direction we hope will be the very best one for us, at this very time in life.

2 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Gosh I can't believe that 3 years have passed already. You must still feel his loss intensely. Hugs.

julie and Poppyq
xxx

Pia K said...

Thank you for your kindness, Julie and Poppy! <3 It's strange how 3 years can feel both like last week and eons away... When someone has been such a big part of your life, and how you've developed as a person (both good and bad) it's such an adjustment and period of growing into a new self. So many insights and rewards in crisis and healing, when we get some distance...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...