Tuesday, March 01, 2022

in a world gone crazier than ever, hello march 2022

 













As if the neverending pandemic was not enough, now there’s a little megalomaniac with inferiority complex and delusions of grandeur deckaring war on a sovereign neighbouring country. And a frightening new  IPPC report on top of that. There are truly so many layers of human induced madness here and now that it’s impossible to grasp it’s actually happening.

Remember how wonderful 2022 was suppose to be, how life would magically begin to make sense again?

With all this craziness, the tensions, the stress in the big scheme of things, the crazy, tense and stressful things in my own life seems… somewhat petty and minor. Even if they certainly do not feel that to me.

But I just don’t have the energy or inclination to let all that flow freely in blog as things are now. 

Let’s acknowledge that it’s once again Fat Tuesday - Shrove Tuesday - Fettisdagen in Sweden, and you’re suppose to overindulged in semla/semlor (sing./plur.). I haven’t had one alas. But I did enjoy a good one yesterday. Vegan of course.













So I’m fine without one on The Day. Really.

And I’m not going to make one of my usual compilation of the month that was. Just settle with the fact that it had both pretty good and promising stuff going on and an overall sense of momentum and new beginnings in the crisp Scandinavian winter air, as well as deeply troubling issues, ridiculous issues that really shouldn’t be at all. But they are. And I have to deal with them too. And once again for the umpteenth time Trust. The. Process. That everything will be alright. 

If not the wicked little mad man in the east goes even crazier of course. But that is something that is truly out of my hands.













But what wasn’t out of my hands yesterday was the scissors. I’ve been contemplating another chop off my hair project for a while now. Also a lesson from the life in the time of corona is the fact that hair grows so fast (as do the nails from all the handwashing and water…) and cutting it shorter always gives a sense of liberation, new beginnings and everything is possible!

And seeing how truly limp, brittle and tired it looked yesterday, well I decisively just put the scissors to work when I got home and off came a rather long bit of my hair, more than planned but there you are. New month, new hair and once again I did it myself. And it looks pretty decent, again. If I may say so. It will reveal its true self and its intentions for the future after the next hair wash and styling products, of that I’m sure.













Apart from working, reading, meditating, bettering myself, battling with stupid matters, enjoying vegan cooking and being very good at not wasting food (one of my intentions and goals for 2022) I’m also obsessed with the German series Dark on Netflix https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/ it’s really extraordinary (as is Babylon Berlin if you want more German top notch TV, but I think I wrote about that one a few years back?). 

Shall we leave things from the world according to me for now then? Okay. And then just firmly cross every finger, toe and paw for a peaceful, enlightened and progressive solution to the current state of the world affairs. Be kind, just be kind, please.

Thank you February, for lessons, syncronicity and new beginnings.

Welcome March, it is about high time to get this lovely party of hopes and dreams, sprinkles of magic and oodles of benevolence started! Can you hear the joyful music playing? Because I can, yes I can.



1 comment:

e said...

Thank you Pia! I agree with your sentiments and have difficulty blogging because my brain is a whir with all that is going on but as you say most of that is out of our hands. I can meditate, enjoy the day and care for my sweet elderly cat and send kindness into the world. Your cat looks lovely. Thanks for being here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...