Thursday, February 01, 2007

The world of more or less non-user friendly products

My cuter than cute Red iPod has arrived safely - note the word cute and not a very keen interest in the more technical pros of the tiny machine... - thanks for that! But I've been pretty upset with the installation, certainly not very dummy friendly.

And since I usually don't consider myself a dummy (all that often), I'd rather say it's not very user-friendly-for-the-not-very-interested-in-computer-stuff-users... Ah, life was so easy before the computers, don't you agree? And yet they're pretty convenient now and then. Even I must admit. Hesitantly.

But I do wish they would get some layman to write the instruction booklets and not the nerdiest nerd of computer-nerds... I'm amazed how anyone can find this extremely tiresome installations of software and new stuff interesting. It's just so utterly and completely time consuming and hair-tearing annoying.

Other than losing some hair - and getting some new grey ones that'll go well with the red tiny new "friend" (that remains to be seen...) - I've had the most lovely body scrub at a salon. My skin now feels so smooth and silky and super-prepared for the SouthAfrican sun!

Though the aromatherapy smell of the products, and especially the rose-bodylotion, was pretty nasty according to my nose. I wouldn't say it smelled rancid, but a non-pleasant, musk stench has followed me the rest of the day... How anyone can find that smell appealing beats me, and to pay about 700 sek for the products...?? I'm grateful it's an optional thing.

I did invest, finally, at last, in a new mascara though - can this be the one, the ultimate one...? - Diorshow unlimited. I'll save it for vacational use.

One thing that's been puzzling me for ages, is how come the sale-clerks at the cosmetic- counters about 99,9% of the time have everything but a well done make up? The more often than seldom look like something from a horror movie or like they have played dressed up in with someones very old and unstylish cosmetics. How come? They sure aren't very good posterwomen for the product-lines... Rather the sad opposite I'd say.

I also somehow managed to get my hands on a very pretty, greenish silk scarf with embroidery at the final sales at - surprise! - NoaNoa. I really think it'll go nicely in the upcoming evenings when one sits on a porch after dinner with a sundowner and watch some amazing sundown of a colourscale we rarely see up here in the north. So, well I couldn't resist its pleading to come home with me...

I think vests and silk scarfs is my basic wears for this vacation. Perhaps I'll skip the scarf thing while on safari - perhaps anyway...

Well, off to bed now. I really deserve to sleep like a baby. Like the innocent sleep that hairy little, strange - and sometimes charming - creature in the picture to your upper right.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...