Saturday, January 27, 2007

Plastic fantastic

I'm flying solo this weekend - M is out and about at some weekend-party with his company since they celebrate... is it 30, 40, 50 year's anniversary? Well, something like that anyway

- there's a hint of my overwhelming interest in all matters concerning that strangely sect-like company. The sect-thing about it somehow only seems to bother women and not the men attached in different ways to that company. At least they don't see that clearly until they have broken their attachment...

But that was just a parenthesis, the sect-like workplace of M, what I was going to write about was this amazing little - or not as little - tea-strainer from Koziol. This is a limited edition with a high glamour factor. I chose the red/gold one, but among different colours there was a very nice one in lilac/gold too.

I had great plans about just lying on the sofa and watching movies all weekend - and a bit of cleaning up I might just add to those plans too... - and sipping buckets of tea that had been soaked with this glamour-tea-strainer of mine.

And rekindle my friendship with Brideshead revisited, The Draughtman's contract, Pride & Prejudice and Orlando - but somehow time has a tendency to fly and I'm not, so there hasn't been a lot of moviewatching and teasipping going on, yet.

Another drawback is the fact that it turned out that most of the tea in tins had gone bad and there wasn't much of taste left in them. So I just have to do with the old, reliable teabags. Equally good but the weekend glam-factor isn't very high.

But I've been a good little baker and baked some rather nice sunflowerseed-cookies - never mind more than half the batch were forgotten in the oven and went sort of really, very well done... But the good ones go very nicely with a teabag or two... or more.

My newly found tea-strainer also goes really well with something else than tea. Another great Koziol item, my hot pink Spring flowerpot from last year. Love it or hate it kind of thing, and I just love it! Also the fact that it's a vintage model, that was originally created back in 1971, makes it a bit more special.

I think the German brand Koziol is fascinating, it actually started in the beginning of the 1900 and ever since then they've come up with funky, cool, stylish - more or less, mostly on the edge of kitsch I suppose - modern things for the home. I also like the company's way of updating their own vintage models and make a new one, often with a bit more ompf and colour. Yes, actually plastic can be fantastic!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...