Sunday, October 15, 2006

The sign of a high quality restaurant




THE sign of a good, high quality restaurant is most certainly an inventive and mouthwatering dessert-part of the menu. In my humble opinion. And that's that. And of course I always glance through the desserts (the height of a meal!) before I chose the main course. Starters I hardly ever eat, boring stuff that only fills the tummy where the sweet tummy should have its own and very exclusive corner.

So last evening's dinner, at Wedholm's fisk consisted of this;
  1. Parmesangratinated sole with scallops (for me)
  2. Poached monkfish with trout roe and champagne sauce (for Mats)
  3. Warm chocolate- & espresso cake with pistacchio ice-cream (me)
  4. Pineapple flambee in cognac with hazelnuts and vanilla ice-cream (Mats)

We both started with a G&T and then I drank water plus a lovely, new (to me) cider no sugar added by the name of Cidraie.

I'm not sure how one should prepare the tummy for this kind of rich, creamy meal though...? And one thing I really, really missed was some nice vegetables to accompany the main course. To me a meal without lots of vegetables is half a meal... Preferably lots of carrots and the meal is never a bad one!

The dinner I had today was far less exclusive, but just as good in another way - and far nicer to the tummy...; grilled quornfilets with broccoli, creamy saffron & tomatoe sauce served with rice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...