Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Treats

I began writing my Swedish blog, and then realized I wanted to be a bit more superficial and write about the things I did buy for a special treat on my birthday yesterday (Oct 25th) - yes I know, not another day of Pia's birthday matters, but come on it's once a year, one has to make the most of it! - I never ever write, well not really, about things like that in Swedish (some might disagree), then I'm always far more intellectual - sort of.

Anyway, the day began with me finding that Odd Molly lambswool, folklore-stylish cardigan with a twist - of course accompanied by some words of wisdom, I'll write more about that another day.

Plus a pair of black, thick nylons - always needed and too often expensive and/or to short in legs or the waist-part. One of life's great and irritating mysteries!

Then I headed over to Yves Rocher - I haven't shopped there for at least 20 years - since I read about some really neat cream perfume boxes. At an unbeatable price. I got one in mango - smells more like peach - for myself and a vanilla for mum. Perfect little gifts and equally perfect to have in the handbag instead of perfumebottles. And then it turned out they had up to 50% sale on everything in the store - and since the prices are really low to begin with... So I got a green tea - one of my favorite scents! - EdT plus a shower gel.

Time for the well-deserved massage. And it was really, really nice, with aromatic oils of citrus for energy (not that I felt any of that afterwards, more like sleepy...). Unfortunately they didn't have that sort of oil for sale, so somehow a Scen Tao body mousse made its way down in my shoppingbag instead...

Before I met my mum for lunch I made a quick stop at COW perfumery to get the Philosophy strawberry milkshake 3-in-1 bubbles - which somehow where no longer available... I then opted for the Melon daiquiri instead - sold out... Then my eyes spotted the little beauty box called Birthday girl - who could resist treating oneself with that?! With five special sized products, all with those cuter than cute names like Soul owner foot cream, Time on your hands handcream, Amazing grace shower gel, Purity made simple facial cleanser and Kiss me red lip balm.

Unfortunately Yogayama vegetarian restaurant turned out to not a restaurant but only a place for take-away or catering. We headed over to Örtagården (ie The Herb garden) at Östermalmshallen. Not my favourite place of vegetarian food at all, but it was nearby and we were hungry. Though the experience was just as I expected, the food was a bad, un-modern, un-well made misch masch of stuff such as mouldy tomatoes... So if you want good, modern, healthy, vegetarian food in Stockholm, don't visit Örtagården!!

But I did get a cup of the best tasting hot cocoa ever at Chokladfabriken afterwards. I even got to take one of their previous used in the café cups with me home (as seen in the very right in the pic above). They're so lovely to enjoy cocoa in! A pity they're not made anymore or used in the café, it was such a part of the hot cocoa-experience.

I had plans of trying to get a birthday girl-discount or two during the day. I forgot though, but it's sort of disturbing no-one offered me that, don't you think? I thought it was pretty obvious it was my day and my day alone! It's not my fault they happened to fly the flags one day too early!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...