Friday, June 28, 2013

five hours on a friday



My weekend kicked off in the loveliest of ways - today I had yet another one of those awesome meetings of likeminded fabulous people I seem to have had a grand string of recently (which only goes to confirm the happy place thing).

This time it was with a childhood friend, C. Last time we met was 15 years ago at a school reunion (which was a pretty bizarre thing and not something I'm the least bit interested in ever doing again) and the reason for getting in contact again was such a happy coincidence;

Two years ago my mother spotted her on TV when C, who's a talented photographer, had published a photo-book about the Swedish hiphop scene, from then to now. Since C was one of very few people from school days I would enjoy reconnect with -

oh I remember school fondly, it was a happy time, but when leaving school I was one of the few that was interested in moving on, getting out of the suburb, studying, growing, suddenly everything that connected us just because we started school together 9 years earlier wasn't there anymore, we had grown apart completely. And that reunion many years later just confirmed all that, either people hadn't grown up all or they had grown into little ol' men and grumpy women, married with children and 9-5 jobs. It was so far from where I was, the only thing that reunion established was I was very grateful for being me and where I was in life -

I googled and found her blog, left a comment and congratulated her to the book release. She was delighted to hear from me and we later connected on Facebook and Twitter etc. It was on Instagram she noticed all my fabulous vegetarian meals (I'm obviously on a constant mission to enlighten people on where to get great vegetarian/vegan food) and suggested we'd meet up for lunch. A few months later we finally met up today and had that fabulous vegetarian meal at one of my favourite vegetarian restaurants in Stockholm, Martins Gröna (Martin's Green).

Meeting old childhood friends or other people you haven't met for many years can be so awkward, weird and uncomfortable - granted if they are fellow vegetarians the risk of awkwardness must be concidered below average of course. But C and I just hit it off right from the start, the conversation was natural, we had so incredibly much in common, our attitude towards life, living, the world, people, work. It was in fact pretty amazing the things we discovered about eachother. So so so much fun, enlightening and engaging, inspiring - five hours later we said goodbye with many exciting ideas swirling in respective brain.

And once again, it feels amazing and weird how many wonderful people and matters that have come my way recently. People meet when they are meant to, things happen when they are meant to. Which by no means mean that you can sit back, relax and wait for people and things to drop in your lap, of course you have to make an effort, get ready, go after what you want and above all be open to things, people, opportunities. Because it may not happen today, tomorrow, next week, not even this year, but one day that business card you exhanged a couple of years ago will lead to something.

When stars align, when the time is right.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am very happy that your world is moving in a positive direction again.

pärlbesatt said...

Vilket trevligt inlägg! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...