Sunday, July 01, 2018

goodbye june, welcome july

luddkolt’s british shorthair, june 2018 -

Time to say bye bye to June as well as another cosmo geek week. With plenty of cat cuddles. Given the amount of oxytocin I constantly get refilled like this, one might think I should always be happy and content. Alas, life isn't as simple as that. But as with vitamin D supplements, who knows how I would feel without it?

lars lerin exhibition, liljevalchs stockholm, sweden, june 2018

:: I really enjoyed the Lars Lerin art exhibition at Liljevalchs. But as brilliant as he is as a painter, and award-winning writer, with a sweet and very likeable personality, I'm really glad Mondays are free entrance to the museum. Because unlike the Spring Art Salon, where you could spend hours, this exhibition is a rather quick thing to walk through. And 20 minutes were spent listening to an introduction. I do recommend a visit, his art is fantastic, but I would not recommend paying a hefty entrance fee for it. So go on a Monday.

stockholm, sweden, june 2018 -

:: Since the exhibition was a rather quick thing we could leisurely enjoy one of my favourite transportations in Stockholm on our way back, the Djurgårdsfärjan ferry boat. On a day with perfect summer weather it's such a mood lifting treat.

vegan food stockholm, june 2018 -

:: Followed by vegan lunch at a favourite place, Légumes, which has opened up on a new location, super conveniently located near the commuter train station. And we caught a ride home well before rush hour. It was such a lovely, unpretentious way to start a new week.

vegan food stockholm, june 2018 -

:: I had the second interview for the job that sounds great. It was a really nice ambiance and I felt it went very well. But as always, who knows who I compete with. What's meant to be will be. If it was up to me, I'd love to get the position, it still sounds amazing in so many ways. You know, that delightful blend of being able to contribute lots as well as learn plenty and have a very varied role. I will know this week. So, once again, fingers firmly crossed, dear internetz.

luddkolt’s british shorthair, june 2018 -

:: On the not so bright work front is the fact that one of my coaching participants has turned out to have a really troublesome attitude. I guess that was bound to happen sooner or later, but it's exhausting and infuriating and I don't get paid nearly enough to put up with things like this. So I've decided this will be my last round of coaching, it doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling no more and I've helped several individuals already. And learnt a lot. There's a time and place for everything, and my involvement in this has come to an end when this round is over (with a last meeting in November).

The face of Ztina above is a perfect illustration about how I feel about this right now.

vegan food at home, june 2018 -

:: A well-known fact is that the Swedish summer begins with the season premiere of Midsomer Murders - unfortunately it ends with the last episode too... - which happened this week. I also stumbled over the perfect new flavour for it, the classic vegan Singoalla biscuits (now sans palmoil, so I can actually enjoy them) with strawberry-rhubarb cream. Perfection with a cup of tea.

Alas the episode itself was a really bad one (The Ghost of Midsomer Abbey), I do hope it picks up for next week. After all these years the plots get more and more strained, but I guess most of us watch for the picturesque settings and quirky characters not because it's a clever story.

stockholm, sweden, june 2018 -

:: A couple of years ago I wrote this guide to Stockholm. I've edited it a few times since, and it's still a work in progress obviously. But if you're coming to Stockholm this summer it's worth a read and keep for smultronställen not to be missed!

it only took 2 years but now the waistline is altered and i can finally wear the lovely palava budgie skirt, june 2018

:: Almost two years ago I bought this beautiful budgie skirt in organic cotton. It didn't fit as expected alas. But I decided to keep it and alter the waistline because of its dreamy qualities. It *only* took two years but now it's done! With the help of a neighbourhood dog lady the skirt is now finally wearable. And the pockets are kept so it's perfect in every way. Now I just have to decide what to wear with it, perhaps a yellow blouse - which will pick up on the yellow budgies - or just a plain white T-shirt. Such a happy birdy skirt!



Current music crush is this - I'll be there with Jesse Glynne. What an amazing voice. I don't like the video (apart from the pink water) though. And doesn't it look like there's something wrong with a couple of the horses legs? That's just saddening, I hope I'm mistaken.

luddkolt’s british shorthair, june 2018 -

Thank you, June, you ended on a better note than you started. You certainly have been eventful, enlightening and helped me grow, and for that I'm grateful.

Hello, July, let's be awesome together, okay? 
Thank you kindly in advance.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...