Thursday, March 27, 2008

Touchdown in a Smalltown

061018 008

As we all know, looks can be deceiving, and IMHO no, the above picture of a somewhat quaint small town doesn't correspond well with reality. The small town - or well, not that small really, but it feels really smalltownish in many different ways... - of Eskilstuna is far from a favourite place of mine. But since one of my best friends lives there for some years now, I do pop by now and then.

061018 010

Apart from this obvious cantharis, some of the notable natives of this town are Frida of ABBA - explanation superfluous - and Miss Universe of 1984. And as if that wasn't enough, the city is also famous for its steel industry, its Volvo-factory and for having a zoo with white tigers. As well as offering humongous cinnamon buns.

061018 020

And actually, apart from these beauties - served at the afore mentioned Café Kaka (Café Cookie) which also serves fresh food, coffee and cakes. Mm, I think I definitely feel a slight twinge of hunger just writing this, looking at those pictures...

061018 007

- the town has a few decent places for food. Like adorable Café Tingsgården, where I had a lovely lunch some months ago. The place offers light food, homemade bread, coffee and great cakes. Apparently afternoon tea during winters. Though, if that time of the year, beware of their foul lenten buns, only briefly mentioned here...

080205 006

080205 004

2 comments:

John D. said...

Beautiful world, beautiful food, beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!

Please send me a plane ticket. ; )

Love from America.

Pia K said...

I'm glad you like it, when I win the lottery I promise to send you a ticket...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...