Friday, May 11, 2007

The Age of Enlightenment


One of many inputs and inspirational things I got in South Africa was a tip on the great book "The Crystal Bible" - I'm not exactly sure if the edition I ended up with is the same one I saw at a jewellery-shop there. But still it makes for a lot of good reading!
I'm rather open minded, I think and hope, but I'm sort of sceptic about crystals' magic and their healing qualities. Or perhaps sceptic isn't the right word, basically I haven't bothered to learn more about it. I've just thoroughly enjoyed dealing with the stones and gems while making jewellery, I'm in awe when I get the chance to really explore new sources of stones, pearls and beads. And I do love to fondle them gently...
But now I've decided time has come to learn more, to search for the inner meaning (if it exists). No harm in doing a little stone-soul-searching, right? And, I mean, it's such a good excuse to use oneself as a guineaPia and compose something with crystals and stones that will help me get what I want. And if I believe in it, who cares if its a sugarpill - we all need a little sugar now and then - as long as it shoves me on the path towards enlightenment. I hope.
Now playing: Mi fe with Alejandro Lerner & Dominic Miller... so very beautiful it's almost painful to listen to...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...