Wednesday, May 02, 2007

In the eye of the beholder

It has been a rather chilly, windy day today - but at least the sun has shown her generous side. And here comes a sample of what beautiful things the beholder also known as Pia, has seen today.
070502 001
Even the rather shabby facade of the local Konsum-store can be lovely under the right circumstances.

070502 007
A whole field of innocent looking wood anemones, tempting to throw oneself there and just looking at the bluer than blue sky contemplating life...

070502 011
Another one who need a bit of a springcleaning - but he's happy just the same! *no way that tail will stop wagging*

070502 016
My gorgeous ornamental gardentree - of an, to me, unknown name - it's in bloom but only for a few days. But oh what a bloom...

The one obvious thing of today that didn't meet approval at all in the beholder Pia, was the movie Babel - what an utter disappointment! I do like butterflyeffect-plots, interweaving stories and seemingly random deeds that have a greater impact in different lives than one might think. But a movie with that theme does have to have more layers, more details for me to take an interest. I loved Crash for example, such a powerful movie with glimmering details that makes one think long after the movie is over! But Babel... well in the world according to Pia it gets a 2/5 perhaps with an added small + for a rare shine or two. The music was rather wonderful though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the white flower photos! Absolutely gorgeous!

xox

Pia K said...

Better late than never, thanks for that kind comment:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia,

Your pics made me so impressive coz I found that I felt in love with Sweden in this spring. Where did you take the pics of wood anemones and dandelions fields?. And I also found pic of yellow colza field. Can you also recommend me the place to enjoy them?
Many thanks
Thao nguyen
bnthaokt@yahoo.com

Pia K said...

Glad you enjoyed the photos, Thao Nguyen!

The places for flowers and crops tend to change more or less each year, so my best tip if you want to see fields like this is to take a drive to the Swedish countryside (incl the more rural suburbs of Stockholm), the wood anemones will not bloom for much longer this year I suspect, yellow colza fields can probably be found somewhere in late May and the dandelions, well that was pure luck that one time. I haven't seen anything like it since unfortunately. Fingers crossed you'll have some luck:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...