Monday, May 14, 2007

I spot dot

Today has really been a wet day - and not only a lifesaving one. I've been running errands in the city and somehow I managed to do some shopping, just sort of minor ones - I always keep a relative clause in the back of my head, close at hand... -

and in colour they sure made up for the gloomy, rainy weather and style of Stockholm today! I get happy just looking at the pic! A really comfy, shortsleeved flowery jersey tunic and a red dotty (1) T-shirt with puffsleeves, a bottle of limited edition Summer breeze body lotion from ACO and a big bag of blue poppyseeds -

you have no idea how difficult those blue ones were to find, until today! The rather horrible white ones - who reminds me of little, nasty animals in the food... - no problem, but the blue ones being pretty common in food and baking, nearly impossible... But now I'm finally a happy keeper of blue poppyseeds, and ready to try out some recipes!

And of course, a day on the town without something to eat, that's just not an option... Lack of ideas made us return to basics, Hurry Curry at Hötorget. They serve mainly Indian-style food - and I do love Indian food, but well, so far no luck whatsoever to get a decent Indian meal in Stockholm... - but also sandwiches, cakes, coffees and teas. I'm sure I've written about this before...
mat&dryck 006
Anyway, I usually opt for either a "cheese & blessed cucumber" or a curryegg sandwich plus a lassi with mango/cardamom. Today we shared this eggsandwich, a lassi and a poppyseed - yes, blue ones - bun and I also had a chai.
mat&dryck 007
I'm not sure if the food and rink was influenced by the weather or what, but everything tasted bland and badly lacked both spices and sugar. And it's really not very nice to sit inside, because of the weather, since the interior decoration tend to be a bit shabby nowadays and the soundlevel also gets r a t h e r annoying...
070514 009
So foodwise, well, not a high-score day. No happy Pia-face there.
But since I'm so fond of red dots, I must say I showed a bit of a happy face when I spotted several new and/or larger red dots (2) on the ClustrMap *I'm so easy to please sometimes* - I think I see Ireland, Mexico, Florida - oh, the only place I've really experience in the US, Key West being the favourite place! But I so want to return to Miami and Sanibel too... Well, any place with a Bath & Body Works shop would do fine I suppose... *yet another proof I'm easily pleased*
And how about those red dots in India, maybe you have some nice Indian vegetarian recipes you'd like to share...? I'd love that!
So just for you out there, here comes a picture of Stockholm today, roof-ridges and tops - the terracotta one in the middle being the Stockholm Public Library, a beautiful building. The architect being Gunnar Asplund, one of the two talented architects who designed the Woodland Cemetary, and pictures. I'm not sure I appreciate the international competition for designing and building a new extension to the library... Fingers crossed it won't ruin but complement this impressive piece of architecture!
070514 007

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmm, Indian food! Yum! The best Indian food I've ever had was in San Francisco, and I am still craving it weeks later!! Yum!

xox

Pia K said...

Oh, that sounds great! The best Indian food I've had, so far, was at Hussain's in Stratford-upon-Avon, it totally blow me away *ah is it like THIS Indian spices are supposed to be used!*

Actually I think that must have been the best food experience ever for me, so far. years ago, haven't been back... I treasure it, but what if the food isn't as good on return...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...