Sunday, November 04, 2007

Procrastinate No More... Perhaps

I've most probably said it before, that my name that begins with a P and two more letters, might just as well be spelled Procrastinate. Since that far more often than seldom, when it comes to certain areas in life, is me in a nutshell. I totally blame it on my parents, and with two slight procrastinators summed up in a daughter P, well of course she could easily be doomed to a life as the queen of procrastination. Kind of. When it comes to certain things.

But ha, I'm far from a predictable procrastinator. Since I'm also semi-famous - in certain circles - for my exquisite lack of patience. Oh many, many are the things I like to get done here and now, immediately and I just hate it when people - not me! - prolong things for no apparent reason. Such a waste of time, get it done and move on, please.

However, when I procrastinate it is most certainly done very carefully, with a lot of thought put into it, consideration and a delicious way to prolong delights. Never pure and simple laziness. That's just for plebs. Not for the queen P. Oh no. Of course not.

Today was the day, when I just couldn't procrastinate planting tulip bulbs anymore. They should have been in the ground September-Octoberish, but since the weather has been rather mild, temperatures not reaching below zero I might as well continue doing what I do so well. Procrastinate for a while. Besides I did plant at least 25 out of 100 mixed bulbs bought at Gavnö weeks and weeks ago, at the front of the house. Saving the other 75 for the garden. Then buying 30 more exclusive ones in Amsterdam - lovely pink parrots, plum and lilac! - that demanded immediate ground attention.

Which they did get - after this year's first snow fell last Friday night... However it turned out that those 75 Gavnö bulbs left in the bucket had multiplied all by themselves. A lot. I planted some of them yesterday, until my procrastinating hands had *nearly* frozen solid, I left some for today. And I swear, during the night they had multiplied even more. No way it was *only* a 100 bulbs, more like at least 250. From miniature ones, to extra large ones, and it took a long, cold, dirty time before the bottom of the bucket was even visible to the procrastinating eye.

In the end I just couldn't be bothered with just one bulb in each hole, now the smaller ones at least have someone to chat with during winter hibernation. So I suppose my middle name can me Ms Congeniality - despite my lack of green fingers, I do like my little-below-ground-level- garden friends to be content, happy and in good conversation company.

So, out of this case of prolonging came something pleasant indeed, the company of muddy good friends. Who says procrastination always is a bad thing...?

071028 177

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...