Thursday, July 05, 2007

Couchpotatoe or not

As I wrote before, one of the most important signs that summer is really here is that the season for new episodes of Midsomer Murders begins. Other than that I usually thinks that summer television hasn't a lot to offer - and I guess that's how it should be.

One should perhaps take the chance and enjoy the weather outdoors instead, the long days, the nights that never really get dark, the mild temperatures, spending more time with friends and family and not being your average couchpotatoe in front of the TV.

I've just realised that this will be a problem. Since there are for odd reasons unknown new episodes of some of my favourite TV shows beginning during summer - how come they can't have a summer break like everyone else? Huge mystery, completely annoying and this will definitely mess up all my plans for summer!

This sure is a problem, a very important problem indeed. When summer is over the risk of me being pale as an eggshell, floppy as an old pillow from IKEA with eyes in the shape of two very small TV-screens screaming blue murder is imminent.

Mondays: 55 Degrees North, was four episodes of Waking the Dead, now four of Foyle's War - one of the best since Inspector Morse passed away...
Tuesdays: Midsomer Murders
Wednesdays: Miss Marple - not all that good, but still sort of cosy and entertaining in all it's simple suspense
Thursdays: Murder in Suburbia - see Miss Marple - , Love my way - one of the best series ever!!
Fridays: no TV!
Saturdays: Dalziel & Pascoe - love those books, intellectual crime novels for the epicures! -, Vincent - Ray Winstone is in a league of his own... Movie tip; Fanny & Elvis
Sundays: no TV!

Two (2) TV-free evenings per week, all summer, problem indeed. And I don't even have cable. Sometimes I long for those good old days when there was only an option of two TV-channels. And the best thing on TV, all summer, was; Moonbase Alpha, Pinnochio with Gina Lollobrigida, Strogoff - with it's theme melody being one of the very first ones I learnt to play on the guitar - and that tragic nail-biter of Italian series called Baronessan, kärleken och döden/The Baroness, Love and Death. It's theme melody being Adagio by Albinoni... Anyone who knows which series I'm thinking of?

Ah, those were the days, the days before all these very important, life changing choices had to be made concerning TV or summer outdoors...

2 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

You detective programme lover you!
Do you read murder mysteries or just get your fix on tv? I drop in on one now and again, but never read them!
I have tagged you for a meme, 8 things about your day! I hope you would like to join in! I have just posted my meme on my blog . let me know if you are joining in.

Pia K said...

Oh yes, I'm an avid reader of suspense novels! But they have to be well-written too. Amongst my favourites are, as mentioned, Reginald Hill plus Ian Rankin, Denise Mina and Swedish Arne Dahl and Åsa Larsson.

Thanks for tagging, I'll tag along soon:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...