Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Important Questions Concerning Butterboxes and Headgear

















Hm, I know I've said I'm not really inclined to put a lot of money on shoes, handbags oh yes, shoes no... That doesn't mean I'll wear just anything on my footsies though. What I wear on my feet doesn't have to be considered very hip or even appealing by all, but they have to be really *me* in looks.
They were a bargain, the shoes I found today, and trying them on and walking a bit at home does feel very comfy. Still - with one of the pairs - I can't seem to ignore the feeling that I too have now finally reach the point in life where I've come to the conclusion that it's actually ok and fine to wear senior citizen's shoes in the very trendy butterbox-look.
I know many people rave about Crocs, but no matter how I try them on now and then I can't disregard the fact - which might be all in my head, I'm fully aware of that - that those kind of "shoes" are, if worn by someone over the age of 5, with a possible stretch, the age of 12, only worn by feeble minded people. Which there seem to be quite a lot of ones walking around these days...
But I don't consider myself to be that. At least not yet and hopefully not ever *touch wood*. So I desperately look away when I see them in stores, and I haven't found them very comfy when tried on either *phew*
What do you think? Are the shoes in the pics ok to wear with the sense of stylishness intact or not? Which, if any, of the pairs are most likely to be voted the winner in the Butter box shoe-contest this year?
My next burning question concerning what to wear, or rather what to invest in or not, since I'm very unlikely to wear it in public - at least as long as I'm not joining the feeble minded wearers of Crocs... - is;
Is it, in your realm of mind, a sound investment to buy a decent shower cap, such as this - alas no longer available... - or possibly a look like this? Just to spice things up in the shower those days when the hair doesn't need a wash and a great shower gel just isn't enough to make you sing a shower-ditty? Or should one continue to make do, with those does-the-job-for-a-while-at-least-and-can-then-easily-be-replaced-with-a-new-ones you get at hotels?
Please, share your opinions on these extremely significant and all consuming questions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like them all, but particularly the last ones, with the chocolate brown detail on the sides.

I hate crocs. I know that they are very hip and alternative and whatnot - I think they look ridiculous. I can understand if they are comfortable that people on their feet all day, like cooks and nurses, wear them for function - but for fashion? Nothing fashionable about them.

As far as the shower cap, well, I've never owned one. But I think if you use one at least once a month, it's a sound investment.

Unknown said...

I like the top, right corner ones. By far my favorite... which sounds kind of crazy because they are all so similar. What can I say, I'm particular about shoes! :)

xox

Pia K said...

Thanks for your views! It's actually only two shoes, but from different angles, in the pics:)

I'm no shoe-buff, but the ones I do buy are important, obviously...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...