Saturday, July 14, 2007

The World's Best Vanilla Bun

Somehow this absolutely marvellous summer day - at last! - in the end probably will be best remembered as the day when I had the best vanilla bun I've ever had, and probably ever will have. Yup, it's all in the details...

070714 010
So before I'll write anything else about this day, or about cats - since it's high time for this week's WCB - or about the fact that Mr Hedgehog either has a fiancee or a food adversary - yes! - or about my neighbourhood transvestite He-She - in very much need of a style tip or two, or many more... - or about my plans of a much thought about big investment - hint, think Esther Williams... -

070714 005
I just have to show some pictures of the place where the bun was consumed while uttering small purrs of delight - the accompanying latte was awful, I have no idea why they even bother to serve that yuk, when they clearly have neither the knowledge nor the inclination of doing it right. I wish places like that could concentrate on making good regular coffee with milk instead... But I forgive, just because of that heavenly bun...

070714 003
Sort of a modern equivalent to one of my favourite cafés, Sturekatten. But more colourful, more summery, more giving the feeling of *I so want to do this at home with colours and fabrics*.

070714 006
The café - Café Linderholm - is situated on the top floor of the shop which sells mostly ceramics, prints, fabrics from the Swedish painter/designer Lena Linderholm. Yes, the vibrant colours, the ceramics, the interior decoration, everything looks really lovely. But it's also sort of very touristy and quite expensive.

The ceramics are mostly mass-produced AND pricey, not a very appealing combination perhaps... And they really have the most awful "sale" on second quality goods, can't believe someone would actually pay that much for a piece of ceramic with very visible chips missing...

070714 004
But I do so very much recommend a visit to the café above the shop! They serve these amazing buns, and a Provence-inspired vegetarian buffet *haven't tried it myself, yet* and cakes. And as I hope the pictures show, in really lovely surroundings.

070714 011
And where is the shop/café situated? In the charming border-archipelago town of Vaxholm - more about the town later too...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bun looks delicious!!!! And the pictures are so beautiful and inviting. I would love to share a latte with you there.

Escritorio Jurìdico Andrea & De Leòn said...

Cool Blog,We loved this site its very well for the good life.

Congratulations !!!

Regards from the other side of the World.

Dr: Gilberto Antonio Andrea Gonzàlez
ABOGADO-U.C.A.B.

Our Blog-Web : http://andreadeleon.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

I visited Vaxholm once and absolutely adored it! Off to Sweden later this month and am now rather annoyed that I won't have time to return and try out those buns. They look fabulous!

Pia K said...

sher, you're welcome, but I recommend something else than latte with the bun...:)

Gracias, andrea & de leòn, welcome back!

Let me know if you want some Swedish tips, Wendy! Hope you'll have a lovely time, even without those amazing buns:)

Unknown said...

Um, ok, drooling! Yum!!

xox

Wendy said...

Tack så mycket, Pia! Love your pictures of Stockholm. Easily my favourite city. :)

stromsjo said...

Typical, isn't it. When I stopped by there was no more food to be had. At all. Might have had something to do with the fact that it was late-late Friday afternoon.

Pia K said...

you're welcome, wendy, glad to hear of stockholm being your favourite city:)

oh, but late-late friday afternoon is probably the worst time chosen for a great café experience, per, it's *all* in the planning you know...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...