Thursday, January 24, 2008

Soaker Interrupted

For ages now, a friend and I have planned to go out for a soaker - and this is of course said with the uttermost irony since I'm rather far from inclined to alcoholic beverages, but a drink or two or so now and then in the right company is jolly. And *having a soaker* sounds so delightfully plebeian, and so very merry us. Kind of not.

Anyhow. Today we had finally reached a day which worked for both of us, but we then felt pretty worn, perhaps we should postpone it for next week... Somehow an early night with a good book sounded so much more appealing than the girly spring drink chatting and people watching.

Besides I had to get home and take care of my new little blue family member, my Stina Smitten, my handbag blue, who after a *slight* muddle finally reached her final destination at mi casa travelling all the way from Edinburgh - which of course proves that if not all, at least a whole lot of many fabulous things come from Scotland. She arrived safe and sound in a big brown box, have been inoculated (proofed), and will soon be introduced to her family of bags as well as her new home in Stockholm, Sweden.

Oh, I'm absolutely thrilled about my new blue friend, especially since she was most probably the very last one to be found, available and sold. To me. My special, precious, superduper Stina Smitten. And if she adjusts well to her new surroundings, she'll most probably want to join us for springdrinks next week. Yes, adamantly, spring does come early this year.

080124 010

2 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Oh Pia she is a beautiful blue handbag. I have had my eye on a blue one too!!!

Enjoy your weekend - I hope you get to take her on an outing.

Pia K said...

Thanks, Poppy Q, and apparently (obviously!) there are things blue in this world that are simply lovely:)

The forecast - if you believe in those... - *promise* a glorious sunny weekend so the blue one will most certainly come along for an outing!

Have a good weekend you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...