Monday, July 08, 2013

thinking vs creativity

Spotted this quote at the frontpage of Flow magazine the other day and I just can't seem to get it out of my mind. 

I believe that the thinking bit has most always been an important part of my creative processes, but I find that (over)analyzing is most often the enemy of creativity. As well as seeing only problems, instead of opportunities and fun, new ways to move forward.

The thinking outside the ridiculous contraints of that boring box so many people seem to live and work in is of course essential for creativity, but to see thinking as the opposite and the enemy, well I don't buy that.

Go figure I had to analyze that quote.

What do you think, is thinking as a whole the enemy of creativity?
Or is the process more complex than that?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...