Thursday, July 09, 2020

sustainability science here i come!

admission information 2020 - sustainability science đŸŒ±đŸ’š

Today all the people that had applied to university educations and courses got their admission information. I'm happy and proud to say I got a yes on the introduction to Sustainability Science-course part time I applied to in April. At my old alma mater, Stockholm University and its world renowned research Resilience Centre.

As I think that the various Swedish admission rules are pretty... messy, I wasn't 100% sure I'd get in. But apparently it's a pretty certain thing when you have a serious bunch of university points already, like a Master of Law. But well, if there's one thing I've learnt from life, it's to never (ever) take anything for granted...

Apparently, due to corona and many people losing their jobs, many more people applied for uni classes this year. And a lot obviously didn't get in. So I'm even more grateful I did.

This is something I'll do part time from August 31st to February. The rest of the time I do hope, with every fibre of my body, fingers, toes and my beating heart, that I will have met and clicked with my dream job obviously.

Again I have a fine little pile of very interesting jobs I'm applying to this summer. I don't have much choice than carry on applying, looking and hoping - this is how resilience works - but there are really bleak days. Days overwhelmed by worries. Somewhere in between all the NOS I hope to get that glorious YES, from my kind of people in my kind of company.

It's such a waste that I haven't reached that point yet (though at least I'm full of life lessons and close to being transformed a wise ol' owl). It would be a huge relief to breath easy again. Having something figuratively heavy lifted from my shoulders. To feel inspired and energized again.

1 comment:

Beth Waltz said...

Sustainability science was a new notion when The Whole Earth Catalog was published approximately 40 years ago. I still have my copy and glancing through it, I wonder how well those houses and communities have withstood use and weather. Using native plants in landscaping, as well as choosing edible plants such as my hazelnut hedge -- that I did manage to accomplish, and they've done well (although I've since downsized and now garden in big pots on a patio.) I'm curious, Pia, to see how this course will influence your little green paradise at home!
Hope this coursework prompts you to wear that pretty dress per week. Keep drinking tea, petting cats, and hoping. As you say: this is how resilience works.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...