Sunday, July 19, 2020

organic, vegan pink bubbly wine

Black Tower organic #vegan rosé wine and Bailey’s almande (dairyfree), march 2020 - opened in july 2020. delicious.

Nothing has changed, I still rarely drink wine because 

a) there are so much better and healthier things and experiences to buy for your money than alcohol and

b) 99,9% of the wine I have ever tasted have been absolutely vile - not as vile as every beer in the whole wide world (nb, I don’t consider Berliner Weisse as beer-beer obviously...) but close enough, ugh.

organic #vegan pink bubbly wine and Bailey’s Almande, march 2020

But when I picked up the dairyfree Bailey’s Almande - which is nice, but I find it much more watery than the original Bailey's, almond milk isn't very creamy in itself, as well as not being the best plantbased milk from a sustainable point of view obviously, it demands a lot of water. Oat milk gives a much nicer creamy consistency...

five months ago, I thought it could be fun to try a pretty in pink organic, vegan wine that the sales clerk recommended - Pink Bubbly from  German brand Black Tower.

Black Tower organic #vegan rosé wine and Bailey’s almande (dairyfree), march 2020 - opened in july 2020. delicious.

Opened it yesterday, and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. It's quite delicious, very fruity and fresh.

I still think there are so much better things to spend your money on though, but IF I’d like to drink a vegan wine again, this would definitely be it. 

And still waiting for a vegan, organic, non-alcoholic wine that’s actually drinkable to appear on the market though. Not very impressed by the ones I've tried. They're clearly made for people who (for some odd reason) enjoy regular wine with its repulsive tannic acid flavour. Not for us that want a nicer, kinder, tasty festive beverage.

Alcohol seems to have the same effect as coffee or black tea these days for me, I can't sleep. Just another reason not to drink it I suppose.

Black Tower organic #vegan rosé wine and Bailey’s almande (dairyfree), march 2020 - opened in july 2020. delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...