Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lunch at Café Kajak

070524 024
Kajak means kayak and it's also the name of the most adorable little café/restaurant I had lunch at today - this day, yet another glorious pre-summer day in Stockholm! It's situated close to Smedsuddsbadet (a bathing place in the middle of the city) in a listed building from the turn of the 19th century. With a most wonderful view over Riddarfjärden and parts of the city.
070524 006
Café Kajak serves well-made food, with an organic touch, and coffee plus sweets. It also has its own bakery. The portions were l a r g e, so I really think, if you're not v e r y hungry you might as well share one and then have a cake as dessert.
070524 007
Veggie grilled sandwich, yum, yum, really nicely spiced. And then a chanterelle soup - I must confess, chanterelles are far from a favourite mushroom of mine, apart from having a sort of slimy texture that makes it difficult to swallow and well, keep down, it has a certain aroma of wet dog to it... - which was equally spicy and creamy.

And yes, even I enjoyed it! Served in a large bowl - and as you can see we had some really eager spongers visiting...
070524 010
Some of the food went with us in a doggy-bag - yes, we just had to make room for sharing that mouthwatering really nutty carrot-cake with the coffee...
And after we had finished eating it was of course free food for the spongers!
070524 014
Café Kajak is situated just below the bridge Västerbron, which has one of the most amazing views overlooking Stockholm. Which gives lots of opportunity for good pictures to be shot. We went on the "wrong side" of the bridge - which is frequently used by cars, so you can't just skip over to the other side - that offers less impressive Stockholm-views, so unfortunately I can't show much of picturesque views...
But here's one of the bathing place close to Café Kajak, Smedsuddsbadet. Not really well-patronaged at the moment, but it sure will be in some weeks I should imagine...
070524 019
And yes, I can give you a glimpse of my childhood below, in the dark pink house block to the left, I lived the first five years of my life. I swear I hear the club of interest taking careful notes there...
070524 033

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...