Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Me and you and everyone we know

070521 017


Being the name of a movie I hadn't had the chance to watch until now - and I loved it! Over the years I've come to more and more appreciate that certain style of movie, unpretentious with and about windswept outsiders, but still very much like me and you and everyone we know - what an apt name of the movie!

Even the poop-part of the movie (#1), yes that was mainly about childrens fascination about such issues below the waistline, was utterly entertaining and sort of endearing. In a both sad, fun, thoughtful and strange way.

And staying with that subject, I realized that three out of four really good laughters I've had lately has revolved around that lower part-subject. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the fact that we - we in this case perhaps being me and you and most everyone we know... - consider ourselves to be far above that poopy-kind of humour, so it is with a slight guilt we indulge in such matters. And while giving oneself up to that kind of slightly guilty humour we also release tensions and get in touch with our inner child...

Or perhaps it's just so darn fun, no matter what age you're in!

And being one of the "last taboos" in this world, sharing laughters around that particular subject might actually bring people closer together - I found this entry over at dooce's to be completely hilarious as well as sort of precious (#2).

And yes I do find the way she put her witty words, with a certain cynical, ironic, clever personal lemon twist, to the blog great. In a way I'd never be able to put English words to paper. I turn more than slightly green while reading, I must admit. While competely enjoying most things I'm reading.

Another blog I now and then pop - notice, only one "o" - by and read is Konsum, a Swedish one, with an anonymous blogger who's supposedly works at a local Konsum store near me (and you and everyone we know...). And I just say wow, it's a ding ding world... Anyhow, this particular entry was about *surprise* customers pooping in the store.

Yes I'm serious, my best friend in junior-school's mum worked at H&M back then, and she shared her experiences of people having a very regular habit of doing just that in the dressing-rooms, sometimes covering it up with clothes, sometimes not...

So if you're Swedish is more or less fluent, why not pop - remember, one "o" - over and read this entry (#3) Do not forget to read all the more-than-worth-reading-comments on the subject...

And for more Swedish felicitously written entries, head over to the entry about Papegojpojken(The Parrot-boy being laughter #4, and not having anything whatsoever to do with poop) at Ett liv i exil (A life in exile).

intressant.se

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...