Monday, July 09, 2007

The Distinguished Guest Returns

Mr Hedgehog has definitely approved the lucculic delights that's on offer in this corner of the world. When I carefully tried to sneak up to get a good picture of *him* chawing away on the crunchies he spread his whole, now very stout, very well-rounded, body all over the plate of food.

His tiny paws sprawled, his face with a certain mistrusting look, as if that feast was threatened. Those peppercorns giving me the evil don't-you-dare-steal-my-food-eye.

This pic is the best I could get. I hope I'll be able to gain his trust, due to the fact that the food rations never peter out. A trust that eventually will make him all eager to actually pose for a pic or two. Showing of that stout figure of his in some becoming poses.

Well, I can dream can't I?

It seems like he has set up camp under my front door stairs. I'm not sure that's his one and only home. Or that the food I offer is the only food he gets - that would definitely be a bit of an overwhelming responsibility...

He has really grown quite a lot since I first saw him some weeks ago. So I'd say he got food coming in other corners too. But I'm certain he likes it here, despite the yapping and the growling, hissing and woofing coming from the other side of the fence. He's a very regular guest. And a very welcome one as such.

But I would very much like it if he could have a family, or at least a friend or two, to spend time with. I mean, it must be awful lonely just living under the stairs and scouting for food all alone, all the time. I hope he can bring some company for dinner one of these days. They'd also be very welcome to this corner of the hedgehog world.

2 comments:

P I F F L A N said...

Du är duktig på att ta bilderna, gillade speciellt de på katterna :)

Pia K said...

Tack, pifflan:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...